POSITION DESIGNATION : Quality assurance manager
DEPARTEMENT / SERVICE / SECTION : Quality
RANK : Manager
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT : Bachelor,Master or Engineer in biology, Food process, microbiology
HIERARCHY REPORTS TO : Managing director
SAME LEVEL AND WORKING WITH : Chief engineer, Production manager
COLLABORATION : Production, packaging, commercial etc…
SUBORDINATES : Quality control chief
Ensuring that all the brewery products, equipments, procedures and personnel meet the standards set by the regulatory authorities and the brewery profession. Ensure the plant compliance with the latest ISO norms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Determining, negotiating and agreeing in-house quality procedures, standards and/or specifications
- Investigating and setting standards for quality/health and safety
- Ensuring that manufacturing processes comply with standards at both national and international level
- working with operating staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures
- Implements and tracks key performance and quality metrics and targets to drive continuous improvement
- Supports process improvement iniatives across all departments.
- Develops, approves and maintains Standard Operating Procedures for quality assurance consistency
- Manages consumer complaints and the Product Recall procedures.
- Oversees the routine analysis of in-process and finished beer: microbiological stability; taste; pre-package and in-package specifications; and product analysis. Ensures corrective actions are taken for all out of spec analysis.
- Ensures a safe working environment and supports safety initiatives and training
- Identifies cost-saving initiatives (beer & material loss, brewing efficiencies, etc.) and develops and leads corrective action plans.
- Develops and implements a HACCP program
- Ensuring the microbiology quality of all the beverages produced in the brewery.
- Ensuring contamination free process.
- Ensuring the best hygienic status of the brewery.
- Maintaining logs of all data collected.
Degree, engineer or master in biology, chemistry or food science.
Very good knowledge in microbiology and yeast management.
5 year minimum experience in similar job.
Extensive knowledge in brewery processes, quality principals and beverage regulations.
Successful experience in an ISO environment.
Results driven focus.
Strong analytical skills
Strong interpersonal, organizational, self- management and problem solving skills.
Proficient with Microsoft Office
Bilingual is a plus..