Positions: 7 Research Officers and 7 Data Clerks
Duration and type of contract: 12 months full time renewable
Location: Yaounde Jamot Hospital, Abong-Mbang District Hospital, Limbe Regional Hospital, Kumba Regional Hospital, Bamenda Regional Hospital, Batibo District Hospital and Ndop District Hospital.
Background: R4D International (R4DI) is a research foundation promoting evidence-based practices in health and development (www.r4dinternational.org). This organization is recruiting research officers and data clerks to monitor ongoing research projects, ensuring implementation of data collection protocol, data quality assessment and providing weekly and monthly reports of activities to R4DI.
Overview of the role:
Under the direct supervision of the site supervisor, the incumbent will:
- Provide onsite monitoring and evaluation of all the different projects in the hospital under R4DI;
- Supervise all project activities on daily basis including monitoring of project personnel performance;
- Participate in data collection for relevant studies;
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to the respective study Coordinators;
- Ensure scrupulous respect of research protocols and ethical procedures;
- Work in close collaboration with data clerk to monitor data collection and ensure data quality and prompt upload of data;
- Execute the project related tasks as required by the project coordinator;
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in health/Social sciences or health related field (a background in public health will be an asset)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in project implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communicatdion skills in English,
- Good command of French will be an asset,
- Availability to start work immediately.
How to apply:
Submit updated CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org latest January 15th, 2016. Please note that this position may be filled before the deadline.
- In your letter motivation, please indicate your location preference.
- Females candidacies are encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.