Title : Regional Specialist
Reports To: Regional Manager, RA-Cert Africa
Location: Cameroon - Yaounde
The Consultant will assist the regional manager by coordinating with sub-regional staff, including administrative personnel and teams that provides certification and verification services for FSC, legality verification, carbon, agriculture and other services to Rainforest Alliance clients. S/he also provides support for administrative project management, monitoring of certification and verification jobs and assisting the Regional Manager in developing new clients. The consultancy will assist in the day-to-day operational management of the region, including portfolio, financial, and client database management.
Marketing & Sales
- Assist the Manager in the development of strategic and business plans for the region with additional special emphasis on entering new markets and adding new Rainforest Alliance services in this region;
- Directly market Rainforest Alliance certification services to commercial, community-based forestry, governments, forest products, agriculture agricultural products clients;
- Assist the Manager to develop and meet sales and business targets for forestry, agriculture, carbon and verification services in the region; and
- Provide certification client leads to the appropriate regional office in connection with global markets.
Stakeholder, Client, and Certification Services Outreach
- Organize and facilitate training for auditors, regional specialists, and consultants in the Sub-region for all Rainforest Alliance certification services; and
- Collaborate with RA-Cert Regional manager and Senior Management Team to identify, recommend and assist to develop new alliances, including MOU representatives and in-country government, industry and NGOs in all target countries.
Certification Services Coordination and Administration
- Coordinate certification audits. This includes job budgeting, service contracts, audit team identification and contracts, arranging logistical support to consultants, report review, liaising with clients during the audit process, coordinating peer review identification and contracting, finalizing reports through the Report, Review, and Approval process, and entering data in Salesforce;
- Ensure that staff and audit teams follow and implement the RA-Cert technical and administration certification protocols in the Sub-region;
- Work with the Quality Assurance (QA) Unit to identify technical and administrative quality issues and to improve quality of staff, auditors and consultants;
- Provide initial response/follow up to false claims in the region in coordination with RA-Cert Africa / Quality Assurance;
- Identify and increase the pool of qualified consultants and auditors;
- Facilitate complaints and disputes relating to certification audits and existing clients;
- Conduct scoping and audits (function as lead auditor on a subset of audits each year) and write and review audit reports;
- Maintain strong expertise in Rainforest Alliance certification services and serve as an expert in RA-Cert auditing; and
- Provide input from the Sub-region on RA-Cert policy development and technical improvements to RA-Cert certification systems.
- Monitor profit and loss statements to ensure that Regional Manager is made aware of any variances from projections;
- Participate in policy development and technical improvements to the certification system;
- Assist Regional manager and RA-Cert Africa team in quality control monitoring and report review and approval;
- Assist in new auditor development, through direct involvement in formal training programs, on- the- job training and mentoring;
- Serve as RA-Cert relationship manager with selected clients; and
- Support Regional manager with special project management that addresses quality control, new service development, complaints and appeals processes and stakeholder relations.
- Bachelor's degree in Natural Resource Management, Agriculture, Economic/Business Development or related field; Advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum 7 years of field experience in natural resources management, agriculture/related industry and/or economic development;
- Lead auditor trained in FSC, Agriculture, ISO or other certification protocol required;
- Project management (e.g. planning, management, evaluation), experience in marketing and sales and strong analytical skills required; Business management skills a plus;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in French and English language required;
- Excellent French writing, editing and verbal communication skills required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals required;
- Strong computer skills (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets and presentations);
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational management and development skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner required;
- Knowledge of and commitment to environmental and socio-economic issues and sustainability practices; and
- Ability and willingness to travel a minimum of 40% per year, nationally and internationally.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com. Please use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, title of consultancy in which you are interested.The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.