Plan Cameroon is an international Child Centered Community Development Organization with no religious, political or governmental affiliation working in Cameroon since 1996. We promote equal opportunity employment and pay special consideration to female candidates.
Plan is an children's organization with primary concerns on children rights, safety and well being and has in its interest to create safe environments for children with more attention paid to child protection. All employees are therefore expected to comply with our Child protection policy.
Plan Cameroon is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Grant support Manager located in the Country Office, Yaoundé. The contract is for one year renewable.
Purpose of the role: The Grant support Manager is required to develop and lead the implementation of Plan Cameroon's Resource Mobilisation Strategy to support the realisation of the Country Strategic Plan(CSP). The role is also required to develop and enforce relevant grant management system supported by procedures, in line with the CSP and other corporate policies.
Main responsibilities - Key End Results of the Position
- Develop and lead the implementation of Resource Mobilization strategy;
- Lead the process for identifying and exploring new fundraising opportunities;
- Review, update and summarize funding requirements from various donors; evaluate and recommend response to fundraising opportunities;
- Ensuring timely and quality reporting to donors and NOs as per agreed donor requirements. Promote and support grant-related visits;
- Enhanced strategic/constructive collaboration with NOs, country, regional and international donors;
- Ensure compliance with grant policies and procedures, as described in the Operations Manual(Grants Section), and the Fingertips Guide for Grants Administration;
- Promote a grant-friendly culture/environment among the staff, by demystifying grants issues;
- Promote exchange programs with resource persons to build and strengthen in-house capacity in resource mobilization;
- Liaise with counterparts from other Plan countries and organizations to capture external experiences in the area of resource mobilization;
- Ensure compliance on all donor requirements during the lifespan of a grant
- Organize consistently start-up workshops for all major grant projects
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required:
Qualification and Experience
- A university degree in sociology or the social sciences/Economic.
- An advanced university degree(Masters) is an advantage
- Background training, skills, and knowledge in general grants and community development processes is also an advantage.
- At least 5 years work experience in this or related discipline with a recognized institution.
- Experience of grants compliance requirements for more than one development aid donor
- An establish track record of implementing process and systems changes.
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the post holder to successfully perform the role:
- Provides strategic leadership in the Country.
- Promotes innovation and learning
- Communicates effectively and enthusiastically
- Behaves consistently in their approach to work and decision-making
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Communication skills, appropriate to the audience
- Capability to communicate ideas and technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work in an multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills
- Promotion of high performance by all staff
- Good systems and reporting skills
- Strong financial management skills applied in a grants environment
- Strong facilitation skills
- influencing and negotiation skills
- Effective at leading and controlling meetings
- Ability to manage change
- Strong written and spoken English
- Strong proposal and writing skills
- Good knowledge in project management
Physical Environment and Demands:
- Typically office environment with 33% extensive travel in program areas and abroad
All applications should include:
- Cover letter;
- Comprehensive CV;
Interested applicants should submit their applications no later than April 20th, 2014 at 17 o'clock preferably in soft copies and by e-mail to the address: Plan-Cameroon.email@example.com with a subject title: Application for Grant Support Manager.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. The candidate finally selected should comply with the Child Protection Policy applied in the Organization.
N.B: No application shall be admitted after the closing hour mentionned before.