The Center for Disease Control and Prevention Office (CDC) in Yaounde is seeking an individual for the position of Administrative Assistant. This position is located in Yaounde.
Job Opportunity: Administrative Assistant
Open to: All Interested Candidates
Position: Administrative Assistant, FSN-07; FP-07
Opening Date: April 08, 2014
Closing Date: April 21, 2014
Work Hours: Full time; 40 hours/week
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director for Operations, the incumbent is responsible for providing administrative services for CDC Cameroon operations. Duties include: support of senior management; reception duties; contact management; meeting organization; and office coordination.
The complete list of duties and responsibilities of the position is available at: http://yaounde.usembassy.gov/pd07-2014.html
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Education: Two years of post-secondary education in any field is required.
- Experience: At least four years of experience including office administration and meeting planning experience in an international organization or a large local institution is required.
- Language: Level IV (Fluency) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing French are required and will be tested.
- Job Knowledge: Applicant must have general knowledge of standard administrative procedures. Job knowledge may be tested.
- Skills/Abilities: Applicant must be computer literate, including a demonstrated intermediate skills with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel; basic skills with Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. He/She must also have the ability to employ tact and diplomacy when dealing with all contacts and to resolve conflicts and other difficult situations. Typing skills at 40 words per minute is required. Skills and abilities may be tested.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Locally Employed Staff security clearance.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) available online or at the Embassy; or
- A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
- A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- Additional information on how to apply for a position is available at: http://yaounde.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html
Submit Application to:
Human Resources Office,
P.O. Box 817, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon.
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line)
Point of Contact: Telephone: 2220-1500, Ext 4006; Fax: 2220-1500, Ext 4532
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: April 21, 2014