Descriptif de poste
Smit Lamnalco has an opening for a Contract Manager, Cameroon
The Contract Manager is the main client / Smit Lamnalco interface once the execution of a contract is started.
During the project execution, the Contracts Manager is responsible for the General Management of a terminal, i.e. project control, including the financial control and the liaison with Head office for staff support and development of future marine marketing opportunities in the Oil & Gas industry in the region. The logistics and maintenance of vessels and equipment are also part of his responsibilities, he shall manage the operation and maintenance of company and client specified assets and equipment at an appropriate level of cost and efficiency, whilst ensuring that performance achieves client’s and internationally specified technical, environmental and safety standards. Handling different cultures do represent an important part of the job. The Contracts Manager activities conclude with the handover of the site to the Client, the project close down procedure and the issue of the contract termination report
The responsibilities will include:
- general management of the Terminal/company, including the planning to meet the objectives set by the company;
- ability to effectively manage different cultures and personalities;
- responsible for efficient and effective management of current contracting operations;
- liaise closely with consultants, contractors and subcontractors associated with current and future works, promoting the company and its products;
- provide sound advice to Clients on technical and commercial issues in respect to current operations and company services / products;
- ensure compliance with contractual and statutory obligations on current contracts;
- development of and effective utilisation of company resources;
- development of Project Management skills within the organisation to improve management effectiveness;
- report to Management to ensure company objectives in respect to profitability are met;
- compliance and promotion of the company policy on SHEQ, ensuring the requirements of the Clients, and local statutory regulations are met;
- understanding and the ability to improve the “budget” (both income and costs)
Compétences et profil recherchés
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Marine background with Chief Engineer certification
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a Marine management position at sea and onshore
- Commercial Awareness
Other requirements are:
- Willing to work on rotational basis 6 weeks on 6 weeks off
- Experience with working with multinational and multicultural crew and staff
- Energetic, enthusiastic, optimistic, hands-on and stress resistant
Smit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package that addresses local regulations.
For more information you can contact:
Talitha van der Vuurst
+31 (0)10 454 9911
Or just apply for this vacancy by submitting your resume and motivation.
Descriptif de l'entreprise
Smit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 190 vessels and over 3,000 staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
More information on Smit Lamnalco: www.smitlamnalco.com.