NORTH WEST DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITYPROJECT TITLE: LIVESHOTCK AND FISHERIES DEVELOPMENT PROJECT(LIFIDEP)NORTH WEST REGION, CAMEROON
PROJECT IDENTIFICATION: PCMR 0102: FINANCING AGREEMENT N°2CM-0064CALL FOR CANDIDATURES N°220/MIDENO/B/12/ OF 13TH NOVEMBRE 2014 FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF AN ENVIRONMENTALIST, A GENDER SPECIALIST AND A MARKETING SPECIALIST FOR THE LIVESTOCK AND FISHERIES DEVELOPMENT PROJECT(LIFIDEP) IN THE NORTH WEST REGION
The North West Development Authority(MIDENO) acting as the Executing Agency of the LIFIDEP informs the general public that the Government of the Republic of Cameroon requested and obtained from the Islamic Development Bank(IDB) funding to finance the Livestock & Fisheries Developement Project(LIFIDEP), in the North West Region. The main objective of this project is to contribute the poverty alleviation and economic growth of Cameroon, in general and the North West Region in particular. Within the context of setting up the Project Management Unit(PMU), the following positions are advertised an open to all Cameroonians with a maximum age limit of Forty-five(45) years at the time of application.
Qualifications and Training Requirement
The candidate should have at least a Bachelor's degree in Gender studies or equivalent qualification in related field with at least five years work experience in developping and implementing gender integration/mainstreaming programs.Required SkillsThe candidate should have the following skills:
- Demonstrated ability to integrate gender into the Livestock and Fisheries development
- Sound technical knowledge of gender norms and the role they play in influencing livestock and fisheries developement.
- Demonstrated experience in developing training materials for integrating/mainstreaming gender.
- Excellent understanding of the socio-cultural issues and nuances of working in communities with vulnerable populations.
- Demonstrated expertise in design of impact evaluation research, including research methods, sampling techniques, and data collection and analysis.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills in English; Knowledge of the socio-cultural practices and some local dialects of the North West Region as well as knowledge of the project area will be an added advantage.
- S/he should be self-motivated, with experience in team work in the execution of similar project activities and should be 50 years or less at the time of application.
- S/he should alse possess adequate skills in using ICT tools.
Duration:The Gender Specialist will be offered one-year contract renewable for up to 5 years, subject to satisfactory performance.Composition of the Application FileThe candidate's file shall comprise:
- A stamped hand written application
- A detailed and signed Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of motivation(stating exactly how you will go about doing your work within the framework of your professionalism.)
- Certified copies of the qualifications mentionned in the CV
- Certified copy of the Birth Certificate
- A Medical Certificate of fitness of not more than three(3) months old
- A Certificate of Non-Conviction of not more than three(3) months old
All files should reach the Director General's Secretariat latest 08th December 2014 at 9:00 prompt.Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for interview and/or written test on a date to be announced. For more detail Job Attributions and complementary information, please be advised to contact the Secretariat of the Director General of MIDENO, P.O Box 442 Bamenda, in writing or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org cc email@example.com and which should reach not later than fifteen(15) days before the latest date of submission of applications.