A Development Organization is seeking the services of a qualified, experienced and highly motivated Grants Compliance Officer with excellent competencies in Finance/Administration Management and Program Support.
The position is based in Yaoundé.
The Grants Compliance Officer(GCO) will be responsible for :
- Developing adequate administrative and financial tools and systems that will promote accountability and transparency in the management of these two grants
- Provide finance and administrative support to both grants to ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Build the capacity of partners to ensure adherence to donor regulations
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, asset management and purchasing
- Develop and implement measures to prevent or reduce compliance-related liabilities
- Perform independent reviews and assessments of various processes in the office with particular attention paid to the Global Fund and the UNHCR grants and partner organizations.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Bachelor degree in finance, business administration or accounting, required
- A University degree in accounting, preferred
- Minimum four years relevant work experience w/NGO, with very strong finance background, including auditing experience.
- Experience with Global Fund or UN finance and compliance is preferred
- Demonstrated ability in building capacity and providing training and technical assistance
- Experience working with church partners is a plus
- Good command of spoken and written English, and professionnal proficiency in French, required
- Proficient in MS Office(Word, Excel, and other appropriate software)
- Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Excellent communication, coaching and facilitation skills
- SUN system exposure and competence will be an added advantage, or ability to learn quickly
- Ability to travel up to 20% to the field
Application files including:
Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forwarded to:The Country RepresentativePO Box 1851, Yaoundé-Cameroon or by email to email@example.com
Closing Date: March 16, 2015
The detailed job description for this position can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org