Addax Petroleum is a subsidiary of the Sinopec Group, one of the largest oil and gas producers in China, the biggest oil refiner in Asia and the second largest worldwide by capacity.
Addax Petroleum was founded in 1994 upon leading petroleum industry expertise and a deep-rooted understanding and respect for African cultures. Over the years, Addax Petroleum has evolved from a young pioneer into an established international oil and gas exploration and production company focused on Africa, the Middle East, and the North Sea.
Addax Petroleum has over 1100 employees worldwide with service offices in Geneva (Switzerland) and Houston(USA), and operating offices in Lagos (Nigeria), Port-Gentil (Gabon) and Douala (Cameroon).
Addax Petroleum Cameroon Company LLC is looking for motivated experienced candidates for the following openings in the Human Resources Department.
Interested candidates should forward their curriculum vitae including full employment history at the following e-mail address: email@example.com latest December 24, 2013. The mail subject should read Re:Human Resources Business Advisor-Technical.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
1. Human Resources Business Advisor-Technical
Work Location Douala, Cameroon
Work Schedule 5/2
Reports to HR Manager
Provide full HR generalist service to the Technical Departments in APCC; Lead Talent management initiatives for APCC and business partners; Interface with business partners to address their resourcing and employee development needs; Ensure that all the key roles in APCC have a clear succession plan that is followed-through, and that all key talent has a career plans that are implemented.
Key Accountabilities/Result Area
- To coordinate the delivery of quality services in the full range of HR activities; Administer HR programs (Talent Management, Recruitment and Selection etc...)
- Provide direct support to business partners in the areas of employment, recruitment/resourcing, succession planning, and learning and development activities
- Manage cross-postings, expatriations, short and long term assignments.
- Focal point for development programmes, plan and direct HR development, performance, competence, and career management.
- Support organizational design and implement changes.
- Planning, Management & Reporting of Establishment, Recruitment forecasts, HR Master data etc
- Administering HR programs (Work Experience Program and Internships, Educational assistance).
- Focal point for business partner Learning & Development, including training programme (identifying training needs, budgets and costs, maintaining at raining database).
- Work with the strategic business partners to educate line managers on the importance of talent management and performance management.
- Work closely with the Employee Relations and Compensation functions ensuring there is a comprehensive and cohesive strategy and approach to resourcing/talent management that utilizes the best and appropriate key talent.
The incumbent is part of an HR Team of six staff providing services to a population of 110 nationals and 8 expatriates. This is a function with at least one direct report.
ADDAX staff & Line Managers
OpCos & Group.
- Proven track record of providing HR services in a cross cultural setting and communicating at a leadership level; ability to communicate technical information to non technical users clearly and concisely;
- Strong generalist background especially in the areas of employment, performance management, resourcing and talent management;
- Good knowledge and practice of the Cameroon labor law;
- Fluency in French and English is required to deal with most internal/external interfaces;
- Strong presentation/influencing/negotiation and writing skills;
- Good learning abilities, spirit of initiative, innovation, organization, and sense of urgency, ability to motivate and coach, demonstrate dynamism and trust worthy;
- Strong analytical skiIls, with good experience of interpreting and producing high quality, accurate management information;
- Effective planning and organization skills and the ability to prioritise effectively when under pressure;
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within a team and build effective working relationships with internal and external clients.
- University Graduate in Management or HR management studies (Bsc/Master);
- Confirmed HR generalist with good experience in a Multinational (International environment);
- At least 5year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position;
- Strong computer skiIls (Word,Excel,PowerPoint);
- Experience in a Multinational (International environment).