The Forest Trust (TFT)
The Forest Trust (TFT) is a global non-profit membership organization that helps companies and communities deliver responsible products. Our members are international retail and manufacturing companies committed to sourcing responsibly-produced products, meaning products that respect the environment and improve people’s lives. Since 1999,
TFT’s main focus has been to provide solutions to the issues of deforestation and to empower forest-dependent communities through market-based incentives. We act on the ground internationally in forests, farms and factories to help resource managers learn best management practices. We are active at key stages of the supply chain, providing unrivaled technical, traceability and communications support. We currently have offices in 14 countries and employ more than 100 people worldwide.
TFT is seeking an experienced and motivated professional, keen to secure a career as Project Manager. The position is full time based in TFT’s Cameroon office.
Responsible to: TFT Central Africa Coordinator
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and oversee activities and service provision to existing Centre of SocialExcellence ensuring all targets are satisfactorily met. This includes:
o Classes/modules organisation and harmonization of the curricula
o Liaising with and reporting to donors
o Student selection
o Teaching (subjects where the PM has skills/expertise)
o Research and identify internship placements and supervision during placements
o Maintaining contacts with the private sector
o Coordination and logistics for travel (students, teachers) in coordination with administrative staff
- Assist the Central Africa Coordinator to ensure TFT Cameroonian operations respect local laws and regulations as well as TFT administrative requirements and procedures
- In coordination with other project officers in Africa, and under the supervision of the Central Africa Coordinator, develop and implement social and environmental requirements as requested around Africa and ensure that all delivery targets are satisfactorily met
- Research and evaluate product supply chains against responsible sourcing guidelines and international standards
- Maintain and build collaborative relationships with relevant agencies, institutions, civil society organizations, NGOs and consultants related to products groups on which TFT is working
- Develop and implement management and training recommendations for companies working toward responsible production and product supply chain control
- Participate in other TFT Africa projects by assessing, accompanying and supporting work with TFT partners, clients or businesses
- Undertake regular communications with the Central Africa Coordinator and other TFT Africa staff with a view to providing clear updates on progress, challenges and issues for which additional support may be required
- Design and monitor work plans in line with activity goals and targets
Required: Knowledge and abilities:
- Project management : financial management & administration
- Well developed coordination, management and leadership capabilities
- Budgeting & reporting (technical and financial)
- Partner and client relations
- Business development
- Minimum of 5 years relevant business or non-profit experience, with increasing responsibilities in programme and people management
- Field experience, particularly in Africa
- Experience as student mentor or trainer a plus
Education and skills:
- Master’s degree or equivalent higher level training in forestry, agronomy, natural resource management, environmental or social sciences
- Fluent in English (preferably mother tongue)
- Advanced writing and communication skills in French
- Advanced personal computer, email, Microsoft Office Programme suite, Internet skills, etc.
- Fund-raising, proposal writing and project development experience
- Supply chain mapping experience
Only candidates with Cameroonian nationality will be considered.
What we offer:
- A unique work experience in a fast-growing and dynamic non-profit directly impacting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through trade;
- A dynamic international environment with the chance to work in a multi-cultural team;
- 25 days paid leave per year.
Please send your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com. Please indicate the Job Code CAMPM1213 in the subject line of your email. Application deadline: 31 December 2013
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted. A personal interview for pre-selected candidates will take place in Yaoundé, tentatively scheduled at the end of January 2014. The final candidate will be selected immediately thereafter and the start date will be agreed. For more information on TFT, please visit our website: www.tft-forests.org.