Addax Petroleum is a subsidiary of the Sinopec Group, one of the largest oil and gas producers in China, the biggest oil refiner in Asia and the second largest worldwide by capacity.
Addax Petroleum was founded in 1994 upon leading petroleum industry expertise and a deep-rooted understanding and respect for African cultures. Over the years, Addax Petroleum has evolved from a young pioneer into an established international oil and gas exploration and production company focused on Africa, the Middle East, and the North Sea.
Addax Petroleum has over 1100 employees worldwide with service offices in Geneva (Switzerland) and Houston(USA), and operating offices in Lagos (Nigeria), Port-Gentil (Gabon) and Douala (Cameroon).
Addax Petroleum Cameroon Company LLC is looking for motivated experienced candidates for the following openings in the Human Resources Department.
Interested candidates for this position should forward their curriculum vitae including full employment history of the following e-mail address:
latest December 24, 2013.
The mail subject should read Re: Reward Analyst
2. Reward Analyst
Work location Douala -Cameroun
Work Schedule 5/2
Reports to Compensation & Benefits Advisor
Position Description - Purpose (Key roles and responsibilities)
- To support the development and implementation of an effective reward strategy which successfully attracts, retains and motivates the right people for the business.
- To assist the Compensation & Benefits Advisor on reward projects including payroll, policy development and new process implementation and to provide advice and guidance to staff as required.
Position Description - Accountabilities(including KPls)
Principal deliverables and accountabilities include:
- Handle the payroll of National staff by updating both fixed and variable elements accordingly;
- Handle all post payroll actions (CNPS declarations / Audits/ Registration...);
- Handle the local tax assessed on salary for Expatriate staff;
- Ensure that third party elements are updated and paid accordin gly;
- Payroll tax payments and declarations in time to avoid litigation;
- Prepare the payroll Cost accounting;
- Support the Compensation & Benefits Advisor in all Pay Review / Bonus activity; providing data reports and managing the data input and production requirements;
- Provide comprehensive support to key reward initiatives including salary review processes, market benchmarking, functional remuneration and incentive schemes, policies and processes;
- Calculate Severance, Termination or othe rend of career benefits;
- Avoid delays on staff dues, tax payments and CNPS declarations;
- Ensure confidentiality of employee salary information;
- Ensure employee's payroll files have appropriate documentation.
- A total of 120 employees: 111 nationals and 9 expatriates;
- Government institutions(CNPS, Ministry of Employment, Ministry of Labour, etc...);
- Manpower Companies.
Experience and Qualifications Required (capabilities):
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences/Management or in any field with relevant study;
- 3-5 years experience in Payroll Management;
- Good knowledge and practice of the Cameroon labour law and taxation;
- Proficient in payroll system;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- Strong numerical and financial capabilities;
- Fluency in French and English is a plus to deal with various stakeholders.