WORLD BANK GROUP
Three (3) years, renewable Term Appointment
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon
The World Bank Group in Cameroun consists of national and international staff and visiting mission staff based in office in Yaoundé and Douala. The position Country Security Specialist (CSS) will be located in the Country office in Yaoundé and will also be responsible for the security programs at World Bank Country offices in Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, and IFC Douala. The position is within the Corporate Security (GSDCS) division of the General Services Department of the World Bank Group (WBG).
The incumbent will report to, and receive support and direction from, the Head of Global Operations Washington, D.C. through the Senior Security Specialist for Africa Central and West Africa (AFC/W) region based in Dakar, Senegal. The incumbent will advise and consult with management in each of the Country Offices of responsibility and will discharge his/her assignment under the direct authority and guidance of the IBRD and IFC and Country Managers.
The incumbent may be required to provide occasional back-up support to WBG Country Offices and other Country Security Specialists in the AF C/W Region, and possibly to other geographical regions, and may be required to travel on short notice. In addition, the incumbent will serve in a full-time capacity and on-call for emergencies.
Selection Criteria and Electronic Applications:
The successful candidate should have specialized skills.
- In depth knowledge of the development of security policies and procedures and a general understanding of threat mitigation procedures and high risk operations.
- Ability to develop detailed security advisories and notifications for consideration and implementation by Country Office management.
- Knowledge of the range of protective operations
- Familiar with basic procurement procedures and project/resource management
- Required to travel on short notice to high risk locations.
For the full position description and selection criteria and required competencies, candidates are requested submit an application at www.worldbank.org/careers. Click on Ë Current job openings Ë job#172111.
The World Bank committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality, culture and educational background. only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is November 30, 2017.