Open to: All Interested Candidates
Position: Administrative Assistant, FSN-07; FP-07
NOTE: ALL NON-CAMEROONIAN APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Yaounde is seeking an individual for the position of Administrative Assistant in the Force Protection Detachment Section. This position is located in Yaounde.
Opening Date: May 21, 2014
Closing Date: June 4, 2014 at 17:00
Work Hours: Full time; 40 hours/week
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under the supervision of the Force Protection Chief, incumbent will serve as Administrative Assistant for the Force Protection Detachment (FPD) Section. He/She is responsible for liaison with other Embassy offices and the Force Protection Detachment Headquarters; responsible for all administrative and clerical duties and for information dissemination; responsible for maintaining and tracking FPD budget and coordinating with Embassy Budget section for all invoices and bills processing.
The complete list of duties and responsibilities of the position is available at: yaounde.usembassy.gov/pd018-2014.html
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Education: Completion of at least two years of full time post-secondary study at college or university is required.
- Experience: Two years of clerical and/or office management experience. Experience using spreadsheets with demonstration of basic accounting skills and experience analyzing information to identify job related content is required.
- Language: Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Listening/Writing English and French are required and will be tested.
- Job Knowledge: Applicant must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Access. Applicant must be able to learn Department of State telegram system and Department of Defense environment. Job knowledge may be tested.
- Skills/Abilities: Must display strong interpersonal skills to communicate clearly with other Embassy personnel. Must have analytical ability to read multiple open source and cable system reports to decide which pertain to Force Protection matters. Must be able to issue, track and account for office and technical equipment. Must be able to review excel spreadsheets and ensure they capture FPD weekly operational activities. Skills and abilities may be tested.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Locally Employed Staff security clearance.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) available online or at the Embassy; or
- A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
- A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant's work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- Additional information on how to apply for a position is available at:
Submit Application to:
Human Resources Office,
P.O. Box 817, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon.
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line)
Point of Contact: Telephone: 2220-1500, Ext 4006; Fax: 2220-1500, Ext 4532
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: June 4, 2014 at 17:00