An opportunity to join a world-wide, world class company
Glencore Exploration Cameroon Ltd, announces an opportunity for an entusiastic and efficient individual for the position of Import/Export and Customs Coordinator based in Douala, Cameroon.
Interested candidates should forward their curriculum vitae including full employment history to the following e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org before the 13th of December 2013. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Import/Export and Customs Coordinator
Glencore, as part of its growing operations, is looking for a motivated, proactive and experienced Import/Export and Customs Coordinator who will work at the Bonapriso office in Douala.
The Coordinator will be responsible for all imports, export and customs interfaces of goods and materials for the company and is required to have a good knowledge of the Production Sharing Contracts(PSCs) between Company and the Government; all other contracts between Company and external parties and Clearing Agents.
General responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- General Customs and Import/Export coordinator duties.
- Follow-up with Customs and shipping agents to clear all imports and exports for Company's operations.
- Work with the Finance/Contracts Departments on all shipments and related issues (air and sea).
- Follow-up activities on Material/Equipment deliveries, expediting of pending deliveries order, etc.
- Monitor the progress of shipments/orders until the products/goods are received and invoiced for payment.
- Provide Daily/Weekly/Monthly report of activities.
- Prepare the company procedures and guidelines for future Oil and Gas development to production activities.
- To maintain a very high ethical business relationship with partners, Government officials and shipping agents.
- Working under pressure from drilling activities to clear all equipments from Customs as urgently needed.
- Occasionally work on weekends and during public holidays.
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of a young, potential successful organisation.
- Future opportunity to grow into a more senior role within the Department of General Administration.
Necessary qualification and experience:
- Good Graduate Degree/Qualification (Law, Economics, Engineering, Finance preferred).
- Relevant experience in a similar role for an E&P Company or an oilfield equipment service provider-preferably five(5) years or more.
- Good knowledge of the Cameroon Customs Code and Finance Law.
- Knowledge of the working environment in Cameroon and how equipment is being cleared in Cameroon.
- Knowledge of how to track cargoes coming by air or sea.
- High moral and ethical standards as well as a good personnality and ability to work independently.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills.
- High standard of written and spoken English and French languages.