Plan Cameroon is an international Child Centered Community Development Organization with no religious, political or governmental affiliation working in Cameroon since 1996. We promote equal opportunity employment and pay special consideration to female candidates.Plan is a children's organization with primary concerns on children rights, safety and well being and has in its interest to create safe environments for children with more attention paid to child protection. All employees are therefore expected to comply with our Child protection policy.Plan Cameroon is in the process of acquiring a grant from the World Food Program(WFP) for Phase II of the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities relating to the management of Moderate Acute Malnutrition(MAM) in the East, North and Far-North regions. Within this framework we are looking for potential Cameroonian candidates for Six(6) months duration renewable contract to fulfill the positions below:
Title: (02) Regional Accountant for the Supplementary Feeding Program(SFP)
Duty Station: Bertoua and Maroua with a possibility to be transferred anywhere in Cameroon.
Main responsabilities and Responsibilities
Under the authority of the Regional Program Coordinator, the Regional Accountant will among other tasks perform the following:
- Participates in the budgeting process and ensures that operational plans are consistent with the approved budgets;
- Monitors project budget entries in program manangement software called PPM and keeps records of budget modifications on file;
- Attends to Coordination meetings/seminars on Project grants and relevant information and active participation is given/made.
- Facilitates all payments in the field during various activities(training, workshops, etc.).
- Analysis and reconciles project expenditures Vs budget accurately and on time.
- Prepare and submit donor financial reports on time as per the agreement with donors/fundraisers, in collaboration with the Project Coordinator and Finance Coordinator.
- Follow up on Audit recommendations to ensure that they are fully implemented.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Accounting/Finance
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Good experience in project reporting requirements
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English and French
- Calm and positive under pressure and in difficult situations.
All applications should include:
- Cover letter;
- Comprehensive CV;
Interested applicants should submit their applications no later than 11th September, 2014 at 17 o'clock preferably in soft copies and by e-mail to the address:
Plan-Cameroon.firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject title:"Application for District Supervisors for the Supplementary Feeding Program(SFP)".
Interested candidates can either collect the job descriptions at Plan Cameroon Country Office, situated at Nouvelle Route Bastos opposite German Embassy or request for it via mail:
Only shortlisted candidatures shall be contacted. The candidate finally selected should comply with the United Nations Convention on Child Rights applied in the Organization.
NB: No application shall be admitted after the closing hour mentioned below.