WWF office in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
Mission of the Office:
To ensure a high performing WWF International Programme Office with efficient operating systems, professional and skilled staff, and strong financial resources, delivering high conservation impact on issues and in places that are key for WWF’s Network Initiatives and other global conservation priorities.
- Lead the vision, strategic planning, and future institutional development;
- Lead the office effectively through a 3 year change process in line with Africa 2020 vision;
- Provide effective leadership and line management for all members of the senior management staff;
- Overall responsible for the CARPO program and ensure that the WWF CARPO's legal and reporting requirements are met and adhere to WWF's policies, procedures and standards;
- Represent CARPO at key regional forums.
What you need:
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Advanced University degree in Business Management, lnternational Relations/Development and other related fields;
- Additional academic training or degree in an Environmental field such as Natural Resource Management is a strong asset;
- Proven track record and proficiency in successfully leading large scale programmes and/or institutions in the field of conservation, natural-resource management or international development;
- At least 10 years professional experience in a leadership role, 3-5 years of which should be in the region, with demonstrated success in managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven leadership skills and inter-personal skills;
- Excellent capacity to manage human and financial resources;
- Demonstrated fund-raising skills and experience with donor/government aid agencies;
- Ability to operate at all levels and liaise effectively with local communities, government agencies, governmental policy and decision makers, as well the business community;
- Proven knowledge and experience of the not-for-profit sector, preferably of environmental non- government organisations;
- High level negotiation and influencing skills and the capacity to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels in the business, not-for-profit, scientific and political communities;
- Media relation skills and networks at the highest levels of Governments and Business;
- Committed to equal opportunity employment policies;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and French. Knowledge of other African language from the region an asset;
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
Upload your covering letter and CV on LinkedIn . We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter. Please make sure they are saved together as one file.