Requirements System Administrator for the Lake Chad Basin Commission (CBLT) in N'DjamenaKey
- Perform regular system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform regular backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install, configure and maintain applications such as Apache, MySQL, Drupal, JBoss AS or GeoServer.
- Install, configure and maintain communication infrastructure such as routers, switches, mail servers.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Configure and maintain Firewall settings.
- Configure and maintain Microsoft Windows Server.
- Manage Microsoft Active Directory with users, groups and roles.
- Configure and maintain Microsoft Windows client version. Integration into Windows domain.
- User support for Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Configure and maintain Linux Server and applications
Experiences: min. 5 years in similar position. Position based in N'DjamenaDeadline for submission of profiles , July 30, 2014.CVs to be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org