JOB ADVERT: Cooperative Agreements Specialist
POSITION: Cooperative Agreements Specialist
CLOSING DATE: June 8, 2016 at 16:00
WORK HOURS: Full time, 40 hours/week
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a 2-year term limited contract position.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Office in Yaounde is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Cooperative Agreements Specialist. This position is located in Yaounde, Cameroon.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the supervision of Deputy Director, Division of Global Health Protection (DGHP), CDC Cameroon, the incumbent serves as a senior advisor to the Deputy Director on all fiscal and administrative elements of cooperative agreements managed by CDC/DGHP. He/She is the primary contact with the USG/CDC-funded implementing partners on administrative and financial matters associated with cooperative agreements and is responsible for facilitating, coordinating and communicating partner compliance with USG requirements for collaborative agreements.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor's degree or host country equivalent in public administration, business administration, management, accounting, finance, public health or international development is required.
EXPERIENCE: Five years of progressively responsible administrative management experience in a public health or international development program in an international organization or a large local institution that includes administrative management of acquisitions, grants, contracts or cooperative agreement documentation and reporting, files management and exposure to external clients is required.
LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluency) speaking/reading/writing in English and French are required. (This will be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, are required, to include ability to write clear and concise documents, reports, program and policy guidelines and ability to deliver oral presentations on programmatic matters.
- Excellent inter-personal skills are required in order to coordinate with USG colleagues and implementing/cooperating partners to ensure mutual cooperation.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a highly-detailed work environment is required.
- The ability to assess problems and develop realistic solutions is required.
- Ability to plan and monitor budget expenditures to meet program needs is required.
- Intermediate user level of word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required.
- Keyboarding skills that include both speed and accuracy are required.
- A facility to work with higher mathematical calculations for purposes of reporting is required. (Skills and abilities will be tested)
- A detailed knowledge of overall management principles, guidelines and procedures related to the administration of cooperative agreements, as well as related audit and accounting requirements, is required.
- The job holder must also have a detailed knowledge of the host country operational environment, including a good understanding of host government laws and regulations regarding public health-related implementing agreements.
- A general knowledge of routine health information systems in developing countries, including knowledge of public health administrative systems is required.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at http://yaounde.usembassy.gov/dr20-2016.html and/or by contacting the Human Resources Office at Ext. 4006.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office:
P.O. Box 817, Tel.: 222-201-500, Ext 4006, U.S. Embassy Yaoundé, Cameroon
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line)