JOB ADVERT: Global Health Security Agenda Coordinator
POSITION: Global Health Security Agenda Coordinator
CLOSING DATE: June 8, 2016 at 16:00
WORK HOURS: Full time, 40 hours/week
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a 2-year term limited contract position.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Office in Yaounde is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Global Health Security Agenda Coordinator. This position is located in Yaounde, Cameroon.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the supervision of the Program Director of the Division of Global Health Protection (DGHP), CDC Cameroon, the incumbent of the position serves as Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) Coordinator to perform the functions, tasks and coordination entailed by GHSA activities. The incumbent provides comprehensive technical, administrative and managerial advice and assistance to CDC GHSA implementing partners, U.S. government organizations, bi-lateral organizations and the Cameroon Ministries. The jobholder is responsible for activities related to the implementation of the GHSA, specifically for core technical areas that are deemed priority for the CDC-Cameroon Office. These include but are not limited to: workforce development, emergency management, epidemiological surveillance, laboratory, biosafety/ biosecurity and information systems. The job holder's responsibilities include day-to-day program and administrative management, and coordination and collaboration with other USG and international agencies to ensure that project implementation addresses program strategic objectives and internationally recognized public health standards and best practices.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor's degree in public health, epidemiology, laboratory science, public administration, or business administration/management is required.
EXPERIENCE: Five years' experience in working on public health programs, laboratory, epidemiology or public administration and effective coordination of operations, management and analysis in an international organization or a large local institution is required.
LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluency) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing French is required. (This will be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, are required, to include ability to write clear and concise documents, reports, program and policy guidelines and ability to deliver oral presentations on programmatic matters.
- Excellent inter-personal skills are required in order to coordinate with USG colleagues and implementing/cooperating partners to ensure mutual cooperation.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a highly-detailed work environment is required.
- The ability to assess problems and develop realistic solutions is required.
- Ability to plan and monitor budget expenditures to meet program needs is required.
- Intermediate user level of word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required. (Skills and abilities will be tested)
The incumbent is required to know the following:
- A detailed knowledge of project management for public health programming, including budget allocation and management.
- Evaluation and analysis of public health programs.
- Public health policies, legislation and regulations related to GHSA.
- Planning, development coordination and documentation of multi-sectoral and interagency public health programs.
- Host government and USG public health programs, strategies, methods, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results is required.
- Team management techniques to plan, organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities and overall administrative requirements, budgeting and fiscal management in support of contracts/cooperative agreements/grants/purchase requisitions is required.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at http://yaounde.usembassy.gov/dr21-2016.html and/or by contacting the Human Resources Office at Ext. 4006.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office:
P.O. Box 817, Tel.: 222-201-500, Ext 4006, U.S. Embassy Yaoundé, Cameroon
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line)