A Development Organisation is seeking the services of a qualified, experienced and highly motivated MEAL Program Manager for the Livelihood and Protection Support Project. The position will be based in Batouri. The duration of the project is one year. The position is contingent on funding.
Primary Responsibilities (1):
- Lead the development and management of the MEAL system in collaboration with other program staff, implementing partners, and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate the implementation of program evaluations/assessments such as baseline and annual surveys, mid-term and final evaluations, and special studies and operations research.
- Ensure the program's compliance with the agency's MEAL standards.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master's degree in a field related to international development
- At least 3 to 5 years of significant experience with an NGO(experience with INGO preferred), managing MEAL systems;
- Mastery of principles and current approaches to MEAL in development programs using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Experience with participatory MEAL systems
- Familiarity with beneficiary accountability mechanisms
- Experience working with large donors e.g.: USAID(including PEPFAR, FFP, OFDA, CDC) UNHCR, WFP, and Global Fund.
- Willingness to travel under difficult circumstances
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Proficiency in database development/management, SPSS, EPI-Info, Access, Excel and skills in analyzing, interpreting, and communicating information to various stakeholders
- Experience using ICT for data collection, information visioning, and mapping using GIS
- Significant experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative assessments and surveys(including sound understanding of sampling issues)
- Experience using appreciative inquiry and conflict sensitivity techniques
- Previous experience with leading and managing studies and consultants
- Experience with facilitation, capacity strengthening and partnership building, with the capapcity to enpower staff through opportunities for growth & development
- Ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training
- Supervisory experience and management and team building skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
(1) Please send a request at email@example.com to get the complete Job description.
Applications should include a cover letter, a CV and three references (with name, address, email and phone numbers)
Applications can be submitted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying "MEAL Program Manager for LPSP" in the email subject line, or by mail at the following address:
Country Representative, BP 1851, Yaoundé, Cameroon.
Deadline for submission: May 30, 2016.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.