Poste title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Post number: 6CMBFM0703RP
UN ClassificationType of contract: Fixed term (2 year renewable)
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Deadline: 11 November 2014
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the authority of the Director of UNESCO Regional Multisectorial Office in Yaounde, and under the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
Act as Certifying Officer ensuring that office financial transactions are in compliance with UNESCO regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
- Ensure the office's financial resources and expenditures are fully and properly accounted for and that internal control systems are adequate and functioning.
- Monitor and advice the office Administrative Officer on the financial status of office extra budgetary projects and programmes (including funds confirmed but not yet available for expenditure; funds available for expenditure are funds already spent).
- In line with the Organization's policies and procedures, set up proper accounting procedures and systems – including inter alia scheduling of payments and disbursement of funds, replenishments, petty cash, as well as internal controls having regard to specific requirements of the office.
- Under AO supervision, monitor financial management of office extra budgetary projects and assure that they are in line with UNESCO policies, financial rules and procedures. Advises his/her direct supervisor on issues relating to local UN financial harmonization and alignment and joint services, seeking clearance on those which may affect UNESCO's current rules and procedures
- Additional activities that may be required to ensure the success of the work
- Completed first level of university degree in relevant field, preferably in business management, administration and finance, accounting or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in the area of administration human resource and procurement fields preferably at leastpartly within the UN System;
- Experience in monitoring budget and advising on financial issues;
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills;
- Computer skills and knowledge of SAP technology software would be a strong asset;
- Fluency in French or English; good knowledge of a second UN language would be an asset.
Deadline for receiving applications at UNESCO regional office in Yaounde, Cameroon is 11 November 2014. Application could also be sent through Post (sending date would be considered) or via email address firstname.lastname@example.org Completed files (CV, diplomas, references…) to be addressed with post number and title on the envelope to the attention of OFFICE DIRECTION, UNESCO, BP 12909 Yaounde CAMEROON. Only qualified and short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Please note that UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization.
ONLY CANDIDATES RESIDENT IN CAMEROON MAY APPLY FOR THIS POST