The Forest Trust
TFT (The Forest Trust) is an international fast growing and dynamic non-profit organization which helps companies transform their supply chains across the world for the benefit of people and nature. With its expansion in more than in more than 15 countries. TFT is strengthening its activities in Africa and is seeking an experienced and motived professional, keen to secure a career as
SENIOR MANAGER AT TFT
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with drive and motivation, have professional experience working with businesses and civil society, and be passionate about environmental and social issues throughout supply chain. The position is full time based in Yaoundé, Cameroon and requires frequent international travel.
Position reporting to: TFT Senior Manager Africa
This position serves as Senior Manager to support activities as required in Cameroon and in other African Country. Essential responsibilities and functions include:
- In collaboration with Africa Senior Managers, support the operations and business development in the African regions;
- Participate in promoting TFT Initiatives (Rurality, Grassroots, Starling…) and vision with a wide audience including NGOs, companies and the donor community
- Contribute to daily direction for TFT's development in Africa and collaborate with TFT staff, members and civil society partners in Africa and around the world
- Take charge of report writing, collating meeting documentation, developing communications materials and forward-planning as the business grows
- Manage relationships with investors, including TFT members, local stakeholders and national grant decision-making committees
- Develop and implement strategic work plans for an expanding programme
- Manage and oversee delivery of project outcomes, reporting and communications
- Develop and implement strategies and work plans for advancing the production and availability of responsibly produced products from African Countries, focusing on current TFT product groups but also new products
- Research and evaluate product supply chains against responsible sourcing guidelines and international standards
- Monitor and update supplier information for TFT members/clients regarding key commitments made toward responsible sourcing procedures, work plans or agreements, etc
- Undertake business development and communication actions to make TFT's work known in these countries and in Africa region in general.
- Master's degree or other equivalent higher level training in forestry, natural resource management, environmental or social sciences or business
- Minimum of 5 years relevant business or non-profit experience, with increasing responsibilities in programme and people management
- 10 years of field experience, particularly in Africa
- Relevant business experience or non-profit, with increasing responsibilities in programme and people management
- Strategic thinking & planning (particularly in management related to forests, environmental and social issues)
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues around the environmental, social and legality risk within TFT product groups
- Ability to break down complex problems, through practical wisdom, develop and implement action plans that close out GAPs that that address the challenges within acceptable timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to work with businesses on management, supply chain and certification issues
- Ability to work independently and in a small team
- Ability to prioritize and organize own work schedule
- Advanced writing and communication skills in English; other foreign languages a plus
- Well-developed management and leadership capabilities
- Advanced personal computer, email, Microsoft Office Programme suite, Internet skills, and Understanding GIS tools.
Our global operations span many time zones, which means staff are often required to work outside office hours. This position will require regular meetings with leaders of large, multi-national corporations, as well as extensive international travel, so the candidate should be able to thrive in both corporate settings and a wide variety of cultural environments.
What we offer
- A unique work experience in a fast-growing and dynamic non-profit directly impacting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through trade
- A dynamic international environment with the chance to work in a multicultural setting
- Opportunity to work with some of the worlds' largest companies on the most pressing social and environmental issues that they face
- Opportunity to lead a major new initiative and gain advanced project management, client relations and business development skills, with exposure to many diverse tasks
- Opportunity to work with high-level procurement and CSR offices in international corporations
- Salary will be commensurate to experience.
How to apply?
Applications with cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Application deadline: July 30th 2017