ACMS IS RECRUITING AN EXPERIENCED COORDINATOR OF ADMINISTRATION
The Cameroonian Association for Social Marketing (ACMS) is recruiting an experienced Coordinator of Administration.
The selected candidate is expected to bring managerial and technical expertise in the coordination of administrative services within a multi-donor and multi project management NGO, whose activities are implemented within the ten (JO) Regions, through four (04) regional offices.
ACMS is the affiliate of Populations Services International (PSI) in Cameroon. PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health.
Location of position: Yaoundé
Type of contract: Fixed term (02 yrs) may be renewed into a permanent contract
Expected starting date: March 2014
Position Level : 11ème catégorie, échelon B du secteur tertiaire II de la Convention Collective
Nationale du Commerce.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Coordinator of Administration shall:
- Support the successful implementation of programs by providing support services, information
and advice in an effective, efficient, proactive, responsive manner in line with ACMS, PSI and
- Ensure that the resources and assets are well managed and safeguarded optimally.
- Manage the day-to-day administration operations at the nationallevel.
- Ensure that the systems (people, policies, processes & tools) that are necessary exist, are fully
operational and updated regularly to comply with PSI &Cameroon Government requiements.
- Leads and manage the adminstration team, collaborates/integrates with pro gram managers and
staff, other internal stakeholders (finance, internal audit, headquarters) as well as external
stakeholders (partner organizations, Host Govemment etc).
- Continuously assess the the fuctionning of the four (04) regional Offices.
- Ensuring the management safety and security systems (update repository and risk management).
- The functional areas under the ACMS Administrator's responsibility include : Human
Resources, Information & Communication Technology, Procurement of Goods and Services,
Transport management, Property Management, Safety & Security and Facility Management.
- Analyze the factors affecting the achievement of results, recommend corrective actions and
follow up on these recommendations;
- Perform any other tasks assigned to him/ her by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and experience reguired
- Being ofCameroonian nationality, be aged at least 35 and at most 45 years
- Education: Master's degree in Business Administration, or Masters degree in Management,
Administration, Law, Project Management or related field required
- Experience: Five to ten (05 - 10) years experience in general administration of an NGO or in
an organization of comparable lever of activity to ACMS is an advantage .
- Having preferably four to five (04-05) years of relevant professional experience, including at least three (03) years as manager of a team of 7 to 10 people within an organization.
- At least five (05) years as an Administrator or equivalent experience in an organization of comparable level of activity to ACMS is an advantage.
- Technical Skills: Considerable knowledge and experience in operations and systems of international NGO or in an organization of comparable level of activity to ACMS and/or a recognized qualification in IT, HR, logistics, procurement and safety & security management.
- Familiarity with the rules and regulations related to USAID, Global Fund and EU project funding and reporting requirements
- Experience in managing subcontracts with local partners
- Extensive experience with local and international procurement process
- Basic audit management skills to respond to ACMS organizational audit recommendations and be able to improve accordingly platform operations.
- Solid experience working (preferably in the field) in a leading administration support role or similar for a large local or international NGO. Ability to maintain customer focus while handling multiple priorities;
- Excellent leadership, coaching and negotiation skills; Ability to work on teams, work at detailed level and understand the larger picture; Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office inc1uding Excel and Word and good skills at using database software applications (payroll software);
- Language: Fluent oral and written French and a professional command of oral and written English
- Key competencies: Coaching; Communicating with Impact; Facilitating Change; Initiating Action; Managing Performance for Success; Negotiation; Planning and Organizing.
- A coyer letter;
- A completed application forms to be downloaded from; www.acms-cm.org
- Photocopies of University Certificates, Photocopy the ID card;
- Photocopies of work experience supporting documents;
The completed application file should be addressed to ACMS Executive Director in a sealed envelope
stating the position applied to: « Application for the position of Coordinator of Administration
- ACMS Yaoundé: quartier Mballa II lieu dit Dragages Tel/Fax: 22-20-92-24
- ACMS Garoua Office: quartier Yelwa, l'hôtel de la cité Tel: 22-27-20-02
- ACMS Douala Office: quartier Ndogbati (carrefour Agip) à côté de la maison du cycle Tel:
- ACMS Bamenda Office: Full Market 2nd floor Ben Building Tel: 33-36-20-79
Please state where you saw this advert in you coyer letter
NB: Closing date: 31 January 201~ Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted ACMS is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates.
ACMS reserves the right to make an appointment at a lower level or on the basis of a modified profile position.
Yaoundé, 30th December 2013