Petite annonce / classified ad
Opportunité vérifiée : Investissez dans la crypto monnaie et gagez environ 12% d'intérêt par mois avec Liyeplimal. Plus d'infos...
Rejoignez gratuitement CampusJeunes Channel sur Telegram via le lien : https://t.me/campusjeunes
Enregistrez-vous sur 1XBET.cm et recevez un bonus de 100% jusqu'à 65 000 FCFA après votre premier dépôt. Code promo : 1x_59759
Register on 1XBET.cm and receive a 100% bonus up to CFAF 65,000 after your first deposit. Promo Code: 1x_59759
THE MENTOR INITIATIVE PROJECT SEEKS TO RECRUIT A MONITORING & EVALUATION (M&E) OFFICER
The Mentor Initiative Project (MIP) is an emergency public health intervention in Kumba and Mamfe health districts, focusing on health, water and sanitation. For this purpose, The Mentor Initiative Project opened an office in Buea in May 2019. The recruitment of international and national staff has started in the meantime.
Job Location: BUEA
Beginning of contract: 20th of Sept 2019
Contract duration: 4,5 months with possibility of extension
Probation period: 1.5 months
What we offer: Salary + Social benefits (medical coverage, paid leaves)
Deadline date for submission: 24/08/2019 (Mid-day)
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) Officer is in charge of the monitoring of the activities' implementation and of the post intervention evaluation.
He/she collects data and provides evidences of the program's progress and achievements.
List of main tasks:
Monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
Under the responsibility of the WASH program manager (PM), participate in the logistics and administrative organisation, planning and preparation of M&E missions:
- Contribute to the creation of monitoring tools and to the preparation of database frames.
- Support the PM in centralizing and organizing data collection for activities and outputs as defined in the M&E plan.
Perform rapid or thorough field monitoring missions using MI tools (in particular):
- Contribute to data collection at field level (overseeing surveys etc.) and make sure that all available aspects are covered.
- Ensure that all data is entered on time and check their consistency and quality. Contribute to maintain the database following a standard format allowing aggregation of data to produce routine or periodic monitoring reports.
- Identify potential negative impacts of the activities.
- Monitor that crosscutting aspects like gender and “do no harm” are taken into account in the activities.
- Formulate preliminary recommendations on how to improve the activities.
- Monitor humanitarian situation.
- With the support of the PM and DPM, prepare and implement trainings on monitoring tools to field officers.
- Assist in external M&E mission.
- Ensure that contractual soft & hard data about programmes is easily available upon request.
- Apply the security procedures in the context of monitoring & evaluation missions.
Reporting / communication
- Draft M&E reports and provide project updates and recommendations as necessary.
- Participate in seminars and training workshops which may be useful to the accomplishment of monitoring & evaluation activities and the attainment of the project's objectives and in restitution workshops.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived and secured
- Update regularly the monitoring & evaluation tools & methodology considering the donor's indicators, gender, disable persons, protection & « Do No Harm » approaches
- Make regular reports to the PM on the evolution of activities and specific tasks confided to him/her, problems encountered, and the quality of relations with beneficiaries.
- Bring to light any difficulty linked to his or her activities, to the programs of Mentor or security concerns
- Collaborate with the administrative and the local authorities
- Take part in recruitment of the monitoring team (enumerators / DW) when needed
- Train and build the capacity of the team (enumerators /DW)
- Supervise the monitoring team (enumerators / DW)
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: WASH PM
Line report(s) on base: -
Functional manager: -
Functional report(s): -
- Proven experience in working in complex and volatile environments
- Previous experience with a INGO on similar programs
- Strong ability to respect confidentiality and neutrality principles
- Strong knowledge of Humanitarian principles
- Leadership and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, and any related field Advanced certificate in M&E or statistics is preferred.
- Proven knowledge of wash in health international and local norms and standards
- Proven knowledge in Hygiene promotion programs
- Knowledge of the project cycle and of wash activities monitoring tools
- Knowledge of Surveys software's (KOBO)
- Minimum of 01-year professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of humanitarian projects
- Knowledge of major evaluation methodologies and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, references) per email: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject “Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer”
Important: the position you want to apply for has to be specified in the subject of your e-mail, otherwise the application will not be considered as valid.
The Mentor Initiative reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
ONLY the selected candidate will be contacted.