Petite annonce / classified ad
Enregistrez-vous sur 1XBET.cm et recevez un bonus de 100% jusqu'à 65 000 FCFA après votre premier dépôt. Code promo : 1x_59759
Register on 1XBET.cm and receive a 100% bonus up to CFAF 65,000 after your first deposit. Promo Code: 1x_59759
THE MENTOR INITIATIVE SEEKS TO RECRUIT WATSAN TECHNICIAN
The Mentor Initiative (MI) acts in some of the world's most austere and vulnerable communities. Regardless of race, creed or nationality, MENTOR aims to deliver disease control to populations at greatest risk of suffering and death. Mentor's first and last considerations are the needs of the people it serves.
The MENTOR Initiative saves lives in emergencies through tropical disease control and then stays to help people recover from crisis with dignity, working side by side with communities, health workers and health authorities to leave a lasting impact.
In Cameroon, MI has arrived at the end of 2018 to assess the humanitarian needs in the South West region and is planning to start an emergency public health intervention in Kumba and Mamfe health districts, focusing on health, water and sanitation. For this purpose, MI will open an office in Buea in May 2019. The recruitment of international and national staff has started in the meantime.
Job Location: BUEA
Beginning of contract: 01th of August 2019
Contract duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
Probation period: 2 months
What we offer: Salary + Social benefits (medical coverage, paid leaves)
Deadline date for submission: 15/07/2019
Under the supervision of the WASH Deputy Program Manager, the WatSan Technician will implement the work projects, respecting deadlines and technical requirements.
He/she will be responsible of the direct implementation of Water and Sanitation activities planned in the project in the targeted areas.
List of main tasks:
Set-up and operational monitoring
- Under the supervision of the Deputy WASH PM, take part in logistical and administrative organization and the planning and preparation of job sites regarding to water supply and sanitation facilities.
- Ensure the construction and/or the maintenance of construction work using Mentor Initiative tools (in particular):
- Recruit and train the workforce and daily workers
- Allocate the on-site workforce according to instructions given by the manager
- Carry out work according to technical guidelines and quotes
- Respect deadlines established with his/her manager
- Supervise operational teams, contractors and communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Organize, plan and supervise community participation
- Manage the supply of worksite materials by collaborating with the logistics department
- Anticipate any problems associated with the carrying out of his/her activity and resolve any problems
- Establish safety measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his/ her supervision
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives
- Report to his/her foreman regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that he/she has been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries
- Report back all information or problems linked to his/her activity, Mentor programs or safety issues to the foreman
- Listen to the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Mentor
- Collaborate in the analysis of the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues/Do No Harm to the population
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: WASH Deputy Program Manager
Line report(s) on base: Workers
- Proven experience in working in complex and volatile environments
- Good knowledge of the area is also an added advantage.
- Previous experience with a NGO on similar programs
- Strong ability to respect confidentiality and neutrality principles
- Bachelor and/or Technical education in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, construction or similar
- Proven knowledge of Water and Sanitation systems implementation
- Experience in monitoring of construction and rehabilitation of Water systems and Sanitation facilities.
- Experience in construction and rehabilitation of Sanitation facilities.
- Knowledge of Waste Management facilities at Health Centers level.
- Knowledge in CLTS.
- Knowledge of working with plans, drawings and Bill of Quantities.
- English and Pidgin languages
- Motorbike Driven License
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, references) per email: email@example.com
with the subject “WATSAN TECHNICIAN”
Important: the position you want to apply for has to be specified in the subject of your e-mail, otherwise the application will not be considered as valid.
The Mentor Initiative reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
ONLY the selected candidate will be contacted.