Announcement : 06-2015
February 27, 2015
Open to: All Interested Candidates
Position: Deputy Motor Pool Supervisor/Dispatcher (FSN-06; FP-08)
NOTE: ALL NON-CAMEROONIAN APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/ORRESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Yaounde has an opening for a Deputy Motor Pool Supervisor/Dispatcher. Thisposition is located in Yaounde.
Opening Date : February 27, 2015
Closing Date: March 12, 2015 at 17:00
Work Hours: Full time 40 hours/week
Grade: FSN-06; FP-08
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Motor Pool Supervisor, incumbent serves as Deputy Motor PoolSupervisor and back up Dispatcher in the Motor Pool section of the General Service Office. Dutiesinclude: assisting the Motor Pool Supervisor by scheduling driver shift schedules and making sure thatthey meet requirement expectations as per internal rules and regulations; providing daily support tothe Motor Pool Dispatcher by scheduling drivers and vehicles, completing vehicle request in the FleetManagement Information System (FMIS) module and supporting on all administrative duties; backingup the Motor Pool Supervisor in his/her absence.The complete list of duties and responsibilities of the position is available at:http://yaounde.usembassy.gov/pd06-2015.html
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific andcomprehensive information supporting each item.
- Education: Completion of High School (GCE “A” level, Baccalauréat or equivalent) is required.
- Experience: At least two years of dispatching or related experience in transport and logistics(including chauffeuring skills) are required.
- Language: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and French arerequired and will be tested.
- Knowledge: Applicant must have a good knowledge of motor vehicle operation, safety, andautomotive maintenance cycle; must also know Cameroonian traffic regulations; and must have agood clerical skill. Job knowledge may be tested.
- Skills/Abilities: The incumbent should have the ability to supervise and develop driver shiftschedules and out of duty station (TDY) trips, must be a computer literate – must be able to use ofthe following packages: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook – and gain proficiency in the FleetManagement Information System (FMIS) module. The incumbent must also be able to work underpressure serving in a multicultural environment and should have a good interpersonal andcommunication skill. A valid driver's license (Category B) is required. Skills and abilities maybe tested.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Locally Employed Staff security clearance.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) available online or at the Embassy; or
- A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
- A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 - 24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant's work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- Additional information on how to apply for a position is available at: http://yaounde.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office,
P.O. Box 817, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon.
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line)
POINT OF CONTACT : Telephone: 2220-1500, Ext 4006; Fax: 2220-1500, Ext 4532
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION : March 12, 2015 at 17:00