JOB ADVERT: Driver
The U.S. Embassy in Yaoundé is seeking an individual for the position of Driver, FSN-03; FP-BB.
The closing date for this position is December 15, 2014.
NOTE: ALL "NOT ORDINARILY RESIDENT" APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
Basic Function of Position:
Under the direct supervision of the Motor Pool Supervisor, incumbent serves as Driver for the Motor Pool Section of the General Services Office. Duties include:
- driving assigned vehicle(passenger car, station wagon, and water truck) within the city or vicinity and occasionally on long trips;
- keeping assigned vehicle clean and in presentable condition at all times;
- keeping track of vehicle operation records;
- making minor repairs and changing tires as necessary.
- Education: Completion of High School(GCE "A" level, Baccalauréat or equivalent) is required.
- Experience: At least two years driving experience for an international organization or a large local institution is required.
- Language: Level III(Good Working knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking English and French are required and will be tested.
- Knowledge: Applicants must know Cameroonian traffic laws and have a good knowledge of the main cities' streets.He/She must be able to make minor repairs on vehicles. Job knowledge may be tested.
- Skills/Abilities: Incumbent must be able to pass the pre-employment eye examination. Incumbent is expected to be highly flexible in terms of being able to work during the week and weekends to cover mission requirements.
- A valid driver's license(Categories B, C and D) is required.Skills and abilities may be tested.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
Universal Application for Employment(DS-174) available online athttp://yaounde.usembassy.gov or
A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the DS-174
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:Human Resources OfficeP.O. Box 817,U.S. Embassy YaoundéCameroonVia email at: email@example.com (Please, indicate the title of the position on the "Subject:" line). Electronic applications are strongly encourage.