Human Resources Assistant
March 14, 2014
Open to: All Interested Candidates
Position: Human Resources Assistant, FSN-08; FP-06
NOTE: ALL NON-CAMEROONIAN APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U. S. Embassy in Yaoundé is seeking an individual for the position of Human Resources Assistant. This position is located in Yaounde.
Opening Date: March 14, 2014
Closing Date: March 27, 2014
Work Hours: Full time; 40 hours/week
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The incumbent serves as Human Resources Assistant for American employees - both Direct Hire and Eligible Family Members (EFMs). Duties include: preparing all Travel Messages, allowance and administrative cables; serving as liaison with the Ministry of External Relations and other Missions and is responsible for all arrival and departure documents such as visas and diplomatic cards; advising and assisting in employees’ health and life insurance and retirement benefits; managing the overall recruitment process and providing new-hire orientations for EFMs; keeping record files up-to-date, entering and maintaining employees data into the personnel software application.
The complete list of duties and responsibilities of the position is available at: yaounde.usembassy.gov/pd05-2014.html
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, human resources, law, education or a related liberal arts degree.
- Experience: At least three years of progressively responsible experience in a complex and regulated administrative field requiring high levels of customer service is required.
- Language: Level IV (Fluency) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and French are required and will be tested.
- Skills/Abilities: Must have good computer skills at ‘Word’, ‘Excel’, ‘Access’ and Email. Must be able to type 40 WPM minimum. Must have strong research skills using the internet and intranet to search for regulations and forms. Excellent customer management and inter-personal skills are essential. Skills and abilities may be tested.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Locally Employed Staff security clearance.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) available online or at the Embassy; or
- A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
- A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- Additional information on how to apply for a position is available at: yaounde.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html
Submit Application to:
Human Resources Office,
P.O. Box 817, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon.
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line)
Point of Contact: Telephone: 2220-1500, Ext 4006; Fax: 2220-1500, Ext 4532
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: March 27, 2014