Information Technology Intern (non-remunerated)
February 26, 2015
Open to: Current University or Advanced School Students
Position: Information Technology Intern (non-remunerated)
The U.S. Embassy in Yaounde has an immediate opening for a non-salaried intern.
Opening Date: February 26, 2015
Closing Date: March 12, 2015 at 17:00
Duration of Internship: Three months renewable (not to exceed 6 months)
Work Hours: 20 hours/week
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Computer Management Specialist, incumbent assists theInformation Systems Center (ISC), Radio and Telephone (R&T) and, Pouch and Mail (P&M) unitswithin the IRM section. Duties include: serving as the technical resource and solutions assistant in theISC, R&T and P&M sections; assisting the ISC and R&T personnel with a wide range of scope includingbut not limited to IT equipment or hardware inventory, consolidation, placement and storage ofvarious electronic devices and peripherals; providing customer technical support services, installing,removing, relocating and disposing pre-approved IT equipment and workstations; improving existingIT storage rooms and reorganizing equipment and hardware in a more accessible and efficientmanner; reconciling unclassified excess equipment, inventory hardware and facilitate transfer to thewarehouse; assisting customers with inquiries, following up with customers to ensure issues havebeen resolved satisfactorily; and performing other duties, as assigned.
- Level III (Good Working Knowledge) English and Level II (Limited Knowledge) French arerequired and will be tested.
- An understanding of Local Area Network hardware/software components, MicrosoftWindows operating systems, Microsoft Exchange Messaging system and capability to selfinstructin the area of application/hardware installation and use.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- A typed Resume or Curriculum Vita
- Photocopies of University transcripts or diploma/degree.
- A recommendation letter from the University/School. Recommendation letters from lecturersare not accepted.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources OfficeP.O. Box 817, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, CameroonOr via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line)
POINT OF CONTACT: Telephone: 2220-1500, Ext 4006; Fax: 2220-1500, Ext 4532
The closing date for submission of applications is March 12, 2015 at 17:00