The U.S. Embassy in Yaoundé is seeking 15 individuals for the position of Guard, FSN-02; FP-CC.
The closing date for this position is March 9, 2015.
Note: all “NOT ordinarily resident” applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The incumbent performs guard services to safeguard and protect U.S government property and personnel.
- guarding various U.S Embassy Yaoundé facilities in accordanceWith Local Guard Force Orders;
- preventing protect unauthorized entry of persons into U.S. Government facilities and residences by stopping pedestrians and vehicles;
- reporting intruders, fire, attempts or actual theft to direct supervisor or to the regional security officer.
- Education: completion of primary school education is required.
- Experience: at least one year of military, police or private experience in security related duties in an international organization or a large local institution is required.
- Language: level II (limited knowledge) speaking/Reading English and French are required and will be tested.
- Job knowledge: applicant must have good knowledge of physical security protection, standard security practices and procedures, and good knowledge of the use of standard security equipment and digital cameras.
- Job knowledge may be tested.
- Skills and Abilities: applicant must be able to give, receive, and follow instructions;
- must be reliable in attendance and performance;
- must is courteous, tactful, but firm at all time and be able to respond to a wide range of situation; must be alert and observant.
- The applicant should have the ability to deal politely and tactfully with the public and employees, and to communicate easily with all level of staff and visitor.
- Applicant must be physically fit to perform guard duties. Skills and abilities may be tested.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following documents to the Human Resources Offices, P.O. Box 817, Yaoundé OR via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org (please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject”: line). Electronic applications are strongly encouraged).
Universal application for Employment (DS-174) available online at http://yaounde.usembassy.gov or
A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the DS-174