Job Advert: Visa Clerk
The U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Visa Clerk. This position is located in Yaounde, Cameroon.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under direct supervision of the Visa Assistant Supervisor the Incumbent has primary responsibility for the processing of Diversity Immigrant visas. Incumbent also works with immigrant visa cases, including asylees and refugees.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities for Visa Clerk:
Incumbent has primary responsibility for the processing of Diversity immigrant visas. Incumbent also works with immigrant visa cases, including asylees and refugees.
60% of Time
- Has primary responsibility for tracking and processing of Diversity Visa cases. Receives, assembles, and manages files, as well as contacts applicants, and maintains the DV appointment calendar; conducts initial screening of applicants, ensuring the file is complete before adjudicating; closely monitors DV regulations and changes in procedure, and prepares all official correspondence related to Diversity Visa processing.
20% of Time
- Has primary responsibility for maintaining DNA appointments, works closely with panel physicians in the rotation of their DNA collection turn. On the collection day, receives DNA applicants, ensure they have all the necessary identification documents, and hand them to the EFM consular assistant in charge of witnessing the panel physician who perform the DNA collection, ensures that all scheduled applicants are tested. Collects Airway bills and test results and maintains DNA data base.
10% of Time
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
EDUCATION: Completion of high school is required.
EXPERIENCE: Two to three years of administrative / government Services or para-professional experience.
LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluency) speaking/reading/writing English and Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing French is required. (This will be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Tact and diplomacy when dealing with the public; ability to learn computer processing of both immigrant and non-immigrant visas. (Skills and abilities will be tested)
- Thorough knowledge of consular procedures as well as U.S. immigration law (at a minimum; ability to refer to Consular manuals to obtain answers to basic immigration questions).
- Knowledge that relates to diversity visas.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office:
P.O. Box 817, Tel.: 222-201-500, Ext 4006, U.S. Embassy Yaoundé, Cameroon
E-mail Address: email@example.com (Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line)