OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
POSITION: Distribution Clerk
CLOSING DATE: November 13, 2017
WORK HOURS: Full time, 40 hours/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-04
The U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Distribution Clerk. This position is located in Yaounde, Cameroon.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Information Specialist, the incumbent is responsible for the physical organization and operation of the Public Affairs Section's press shop to produce and edit photographic and video content and materials related to the section's objectives for dissemination to the Embassy's target audience through traditional and social media platforms. In addition, he/she will maintain and operate audio/visual equipment for embassy events. The incumbent will distribute newspapers to subscribers within the embassy, and also assist in the preparation of the electronic daily summaries of news and social media content for the Public Affairs team. The individual will also serve as the back-up to the Audio-Visual Technician and Social Media Manager.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities for Distribution Clerk:
Responsible for the physical organization and operation of the Public Affairs Section's press shop to produce materials related to the section's objectives for dissemination to Post's target audience. Incumbent operates electronic printing press:
- Manages Public Affairs Section (PAS) printing and reproduction operation to produce materials which are published by PAS staff. Incumbent operates various printers, digital scanner and computerized electronic printing presses, which have the capability to print various colors, photographs and drawings. He is in charge of two Canon 6000 printers and operates a HP digital sender. This function includes being responsible for printing various displays and posters which are used primarily for PAS programming events, and various other post produced materials including invitations for program events. Incumbent also assists the PAS staff with printing or packaging of the following publications: Electronic journal, English Teaching Forum. He helps sections with labels, printing for various conferences, seminars workshops> He prints, reformats the International Information Programs (IIP) daily product for distribution to media and contacts. 70%
- Responsible for the collating, stapling and packaging of IIP daily products; labels, sorts, and franks outgoing distribution materials and delivers them to the post office; maintaining file of incoming newspapers. 20%
- Assists with PAS programming events such as video conferences, telephone conferences, PowerPoint presentations. Performs any other assigned duties required to meet the needs of the section, for example, backing up the A/V technician; backing up the Information Resources Center Clerk; and maintaining the section's archives. Performs other duties upon request by the Front Office or other missions sections. 10%
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- EDUCATION: A GCE “O” Level or BEPC or equivalent diploma is required.
- EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year work or non-work experience organizing and distributing physical and electronic publications, creating graphic/creative arts,
- photography, video editing, and active social media use.
- LANGUAGE: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English and level II (Basic Knowledge) speaking/reading French are required. (This will be tested)
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: He/She must be able to read or listen to media reports and provide written and oral summaries, in timely manner. The individual should be able to create professional publications (flyers, graphics, signs, banners, etc) to be used by the Public Affairs Section. He/She must have basic audio/visual and computer skills (such as but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Adobe) and active skills in usring social media platforms. Incumbent must be able to operate printing and duplicating equipment. (Skills and abilities may be tested.)
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Incumbent must have basic level technical knowledge of graphic design, video editing, photography, and publication for physical or electronic products and their distribution. (Job knowledge may be tested.)
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 817, Tel.: 222-201-500, Ext 4006, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
- E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate the position title on the subject line.