Position: Administrative Assistant
Closing Date: February 20, 2018
Work Hours: Full time, 40 hours/week
Length Of Employment: NTE April 30, 2018.
The U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for theposition Administrative Assistant in the Management Office. This position is located inYaounde, Cameroon.
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicantswho are being considered.
Basic Function of the Position
This position is half Management Assistant / half Protocol Assistant. Under the supervisionof the Management Officer, the incumbent performs a full range of administrative supportsto ensure the effective operation of the Management Section. He/She is responsible forscheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, and organizing files. A major function of theposition is preparing Management Notices and Instructions and maintaining the library ofsuch communications on the Intranet. As the Protocol Assistant, he/she supports theAmbassador, the Deputy Chief of Mission, their spouses, and, as required, other missionofficials, by providing protocol guidance and protocol liaison with the host government andthe local population.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Education: Successful completion of at least two (2) years of university studies (Associate Degree, DEUG, BTS, or equivalent) is required.
- Experience: Minimum five years of progressively responsible work experience as receptionist, secretary or administrative assistant in an international organization or a renowned commercial institution is required.
- Language: Level 4 (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing English and French are required. (This will be tested.)
- Skills And Abilities: The incumbent must have advanced computer skill; must be able to deal skillfully and tactfully with all internal and external clients, including good listening and judgment skills. He/She must be able to develop and maintain contacts with key internal and external clients of the Management Section; and must have good organizational skills. The jobholder must to able to provide guidance to visitors and customers, and rout their requests to the appropriate offices or sections. Strong interpersonal skill is essential. (Skills and abilities will be tested)
- Job Knowledge: The jobholder must be familiar with all facets of host government and Embassy diplomatic procedures and protocol; must have good knowledge of administrative procedures and time management strategies to effectively manage job tasks and responsibilities; and must be computer literate and be able to operate in MS Office, Internet and basic data management software.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Where to Apply:
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 817, Tel.: 222-201-500, Ext 4006, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
- E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Indicate the position title in the subject line of your email