Position: Customs Expeditor/Shipment Assistant
Closing Date: February 19, 2018
Work Hours: Full time, 40 hours/week
Length Of Employment: This is a 2-year term limited contract position.
The U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position Customs Expeditor/Shipment Assistant in the Office of Security Cooperation. This position is located in Yaounde, Cameroon.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered.
Basic Function of the Position
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Chief, the incumbent is responsible for the import, export, customs clearance and exonerations of USG official property and American employees personal and official vehicles, for the Office of Security Cooperation.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Education: Completion of High School (GCE ‘A' level or Baccalauréat) required.
- Experience: Minimum three (3) years of progressively responsible work experience in the shipping, transportation, or customs field. Two (2) years of experience must be with an international organization.
- Language: Level IV (Fluency) Speaking/Reading/Writing English, and level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing French are required. (This will be tested.)
- Skills and abilities: The incumbent must have a typing ability of 20 wpm; be diplomatic and tactful, yet effective in dealing with Cameroonian customs and government officials and personnel of shipping companies; must have excellent interpersonal skills; and must be able to work independently and be proactive. He/She must possess a valid category B driving license and have a clean driving record. (Skills and abilities will be tested)
- Job Knowledge: The jobholder must have good working knowledge of Cameroonian customs and registration procedures, air and sea freight procedures, and procedures for verification of invoices; must be computer literate (MS Word and Excel); must have a thorough understanding of Cameroonian customs regulations, finance laws, procedures, and protocol with the local government, including the Ministry of External Relations; and must be able to navigate through SYDONIA system.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Where to apply:
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 817, Tel.: 222-201-500, Ext 4006, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
- E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate the position title in the subject line of your email