VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT N° 012/CO/CMR/2016
(Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
The United Nations World Food Programme is looking for the service of two(02) storekeepers with characteristics listed below:
- Storekeepers in Batouri
- Storekeepers in Maroua
POST LEVEL: SC3
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Service Contract
DURATION: 12 months
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION: 25 October 2016
Under the direct supervision of the head of the respective Sub-Offices and the technical supervision of the Head of Logistics based in Yaoundé, the Storekeeper will be responsible for the following duties:
- Receive all the WFP food and no-food commodities;
- Report on the quality, quantity of the received commodities and ensure that quantities dispatched as per consignor's documents match with quantities received and endorse documents;
- Maintain clean and past-free storing conditions;
- Ensure good warehousing practices;
- Supervise the offloading and stacking of the commodities, follow-up tracking of the commodities in pipeline and report the same to the appropriate personnel;
- Maintain records and/or ensure that the food stuff offloaded/loaded at the warehouses, adhering to the WFP system;
- Control incoming good both food and nonfood commodities by such methods as physical counts. Random weight check, rejection of any spoiled commodity, reconditioning of underweight bags, etc.;
- Sign waybill of received and dispatcher cargo;
- Deliver goods on request against official and approved documentations;
- Keep updated records on stack cards, and/or computer inventory list;
- Make periodic physical inventory checks;
- Liaise with the coordinate and others on matters pertaining to logistics;
- Report on and, in consultation with others, take appropriate actions for the disposal of spoilt commodities;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of GCE Advance Level A4 or BAC G1 or G2 with at least 3 years of professional experience in Storekeeping, warehouse Management, Transport Management, Accounting and Administration.
- Holder of HND or BTS in Logistics, Transport Management, Supply Chain Management, Accounting, IT and Administration with at least 1 year of professional experience.
- Fluency in either French or English,
- An excellent command of the local language (Kako for Batouri and Fulfulde for Maroua) Will be essential.
Other desire skills:
Good working knowledge of Microsoft software applications, particularly MS-Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power point)
How to Apply
Completed application files (Letter of Motivation (specifying the precise job title and location), Curriculum Vitae with 3 References and copies of the Diplomas) should be put in an envelope labeled as follows:
Job Title: Storekeeper in Batouri or Storekeeper in Maroua
Representative & Country Director
World Food Programme
445, rue 1059 Valery Giscard d'Estaing Avenue
In front of the Municipal Council
Applications can either be:
- Sent by Express Registered mail to the above mentioned address; or
- Deposited at the WFP offices in Yaoundé, Maroua or Batouri.
Closing Date of Application: 25 October 2016
Only qualified and short-listed candidates will be contacted for relevant tests.