Background / General description:
The Administrative assistant reports to the resource Management officer (RMO) and works closely with the Administrative team. The Administrative Assistant supports the RM team in the day to day office management.
The successful candidate is expected to work independently, and will be assigned responsibilities requiring in depth knowledge of the institution and the country office procedures.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
S/he Provides support to Resource Management Team in processing administrative transactions for Cameroon Office; and ensure that all transactions are made in compliance with the Bank's policies and procedures and the required documentations are fulfilled before processing the transactions.
- S/he handles posting of purchase orders, goods receipt, service entry sheets and submits invoices for approval through epayables.
- S/he scans the invoices for payments to be processed by Chennai Team
- S/he handles routine data entry in the system, including check writing, filing of accounting documents. Acts as petty cash custodian and make sure that the office petty cash guideline is implemented.
- S/he provides general research support and utilizes all relevant computer software to retrieve, maintain and manipulate data as needed.
- S/he takes out from the filing the requested documentation, scans them for the RM team to respond to different requests (Quality Assurance, and/or Scorecard …).
- S/he assists the Resource Management Team in secretarial works (typing, formatting correspondences, filing etc.).
- S/he assures the backup of the facility assistant in the coordination of drivers' pool
- S/he assures the backup of the facility assistant in monitoring car pool and gasoline consumption
- S/he proactively prepares office and expatriate staff tax exoneration requests and ensures follow-up with different Government offices. Helps new staff relocated in the country obtaining all the mandatory documents to stay in the country in legality.
- S/he handles all other administrative tasks assigned by the RM Team
Minimum Associate degree in accounting or equivalent (bachelor's degree preferred) with 2 years' relevant experience
• Previous experience with a multilateral/bilateral organization is an advantage.
• Strong client focus, responsive, proactive, solution-oriented
• Ability to listen to, assess and appropriately respond to needs conveyed by client
• Enjoys helping others, adaptable
• Proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment, in a flexible and self-motivated manner
• Technology and systems knowledge - Able to conduct routine work using basic software applications (Microsoft Office, Outlook) and appropriate technology and /or data base management systems.
• Project and task management - Demonstrates attention to details. Able to organize own work and complete assigned tasks according to directions within agreed timeline; seeks guidance in organizing non - routine tasks.
• Institutional policies, processes, and procedures - Displays basic awareness of WB structure and relevant people within the assigned area of responsibility. Demonstrates basic understanding of policies and procedures and has ability to apply them in routine situations.
• Versatility and adaptability - Demonstrates ability and willingness to learn.
• Client Orientation - Demonstrates positive client service attitude; is able to develop good working relationships with internal/external clients.
• Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
• Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Demonstrates tact and judgment, good listening and communication skills. Exhibits interest in learning and enhancing own abilities and sharing knowledge.
• Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Demonstrates basic skills in information retrieval and organization, seeks guidance in complex situations.