Location : Yaounde, Cameroon Short Term Temporary
The World Bank is looking for a driver with a Secondary School Education diploma or equivalent, a valid driving license, excellent knowledge of the driving code, qualifications in basic mechanics, five years of solid experience as a driver, excellent knowledge of Road Safety and good communication skills In both English and French (written and spoken).
- one or two local languages and
- UN security procedures would be an advantage.
The Driver is a member of the Country Office Staff. He will work as part of the office car pool and will drive office vehicles for transport of authorized personnel usually within Cameroon but also in the surrounding countries and the delivery and collection of mail. He will report directly to the Administrative Assistant for day to day assignment.
Under supervision, he will perform the following duties.
- Transport of authorized personnel to/from airports, meetings, appointments, and other official duties,
- Transport authorized personnel on business travel to/from locations throughout Cameroon and surrounding countries
- Delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Meeting official personnel at the airport and facilitating immigration and customs formalities
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of vehicles, checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc
- Performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs.
- Ensures that vehicles are kept clean at all times
- Follow all steps required by the rules in case of accident
- Logs all trips, daHy mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, lubrications, etc.
- Performs other duties as required.
The position will be based in Yaounde Country Office
Qualified candidates are required to submit their applications (letter of motivation, resumes and letter of recommendations,) at the following address: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is : July 8th, 2014
Applications filed on paper shall not be considered. Only short listed applicants shall be contacted