Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
JOB DESCRIPTION HTS PROVIDER
Project: HIV Free Littoral Project
Title of the Position: HTS Providers
No of Positions: 3
Background of the contracting organization
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF, or the Foundation), a non-profit organization, is the world leader in the fight to eliminate pediatric AIDS. Its mission is to prevent pediatric HIV infection and to eliminate pediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs. Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) has worked in Cameroon since 2000 through local and established international organizations and presently has an established office in Cameroon.
For more information, please visit http://www.pedaids.org
1. Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide confidential HIV counseling and testing to persons at risk for HIV infection as per Cameroon HTS national guidelines
- Conduct HTS using provider initiated testing and counseling, voluntary counseling and testing and targeted family testing approaches.
- Provide special group counseling e.g. couples, discordant couples, youths and adolescents
- Address issues of behavior change in relation to HIV and ART
- Facilitate the delivery of HIV Prevention information to clients
- Provide psychosocial support and assist with linkage to referral services
- Assess and document all referrals, make follow-up and report on referral outcomes
- Maintaining a well-documented HTC registers
- Compile and submit monthly HTS reports
- Provide health education to outpatient clients as a strategy of mobilizing clients for HIV testing
- Storing and using the HTC commodities according to the Cameroon national guidelines.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all activities to preserve dignity of all clients
Training: A minimum of a lab technician assistant or other health Sciences related diploma
Experience: At least 02 years working in a health care setting
Skills: Excellent communication skills with patients, service providers and the public
Language: Good mastery of French and English will be an added advantage
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to the following email address CameroonProcurement@pedaids.org
with Subject: HIV FREE LITTORAL – HTS PROVIDER
Applications will be considered on or before 19th June 2018.
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted