Job Title: Trucking Officer
Reporting to: Operations Manager
No of Positions: 01
- By setting up an optimal equipment management plan in line with the company's overall strategic plan, Inland Operations Associate in charge of trucking directs the operations team dedicated to executing the trucking instructions received from Operations; the mission is to efficient management of trucking operations by create an innovative, profitable and customer service oriented product (customer satisfaction and optimal operations)
- Run the activities of trucking activity according to the forecast budget
- Implement security standards APMT in all daily operational areas
- Issues work orders and receives reports submitted by the other sections of the technical department.
- Coordinates with equipment control section regarding the availability of equipment scheduled for service.
- Train and manage a dynamic and motivated team for the management of equipment and trucking operations through goals
- Make available to the hierarchy of operational and reliable statistical data for decision making and the company's strategic direction
- Prepares monthly activity report.
- Sets work distribution orders and ensures that urgent tasks are given priority.
- Ensure that superiors are properly informed and updated on equipment status through formal and informal reporting.
- Establish and implement a cost reduction plan in accordance with the global initiative "Take Cost Out"
- Performs follow-up coordination activities for emergency work.
- Establish clear and understandable work procedures for all employees of trucking to the smooth running of all operations from receipt of instructions to invoicing of the transaction to the customer through the effective implementation of the surgery.
- Prepares daily attendance reports, and summarizes attendance for the month.
- Keep KPI`s and statistics of activity, serviced quality and value achieved
- Conduct supplier review meetings
- This position has a direct impact on the achievement of operations objectives
- The position is very complex
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Min BAC +4 in Logistics/supply chain/Accountancy and Finance
- Requires at least Two years minimum experience in the field of operations management and a fleet of heavy or specialized equipment, preferably working in transport liability environment, and contracts implications
- Being 25-28 years old
- Instruction and training in container transport industry, products and pricing
CAPABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Good command in English both written and spoken;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office (especially Excel);
- Good analytical skills;
- Organisational and time management skills including multi-tasking, prioritizing, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Requires good planning, time management, communication, analytical, initiative and organizing skills
- Result-oriented mindset, extensive understanding of logistics business
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to learn, ambition and integrity
- Ordered, good working structure for execution and follow up;
- Focuses and proactive, with sense of urgency.
- The position requires the holder to be a fast learner and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship building skills on all levels.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Trustworthy, ambitious and able to work highly independently and in teams
- Proven commercial experience, negotiating deals with customers and suppliers with a focus on price and service
- Requires specific computer knowledge for the preparation of various reports/graphs.
- Requires an understanding of equipment to carry out duties related to maintenance, servicing.
- Claims handling
- Requires ability to prepare Excel spreadsheets efficiently.
- Organization, rigor, ability to work under pressure and in a team
- Requires good interpersonal skills to coordinate work activities
- Ability to obtain cooperation and promote a team environment to meet objectives
Please if you are interested to join us send your CV with an introduction letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: March 03, 2019
HR BUSINESS PARTNER