Title: Admin/Finance Assistant (UNDSS)
Job ID: 4466
Practice Area - Job Family: Management - ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
Vacancy End Date: 27/06/2016
Duty Station: Yaounde, Cameroon
Education & Work Experience: C-HS Graduate or Equivalent - 5 year(s) experience, G-Bachelor's Level Degree - 5 year(s) experience
Languages Required: English, French
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Posting Type: External
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
Under the guidance and supervision of the Security Advisor, the Administrative and Finance Assistant provides support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative and financial processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative and Finance promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative and Finance works in close collaboration with the Operations and Programme staff in the country office and with UNDP and UNDSS HQs staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of operational and financial management strategies
- Support to effective and efficient functioning of the unit
- Support to administrative and logistical services
- Support to office maintenance and assets management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Functioning of cost-recovery system
- ccounting and administrative support
- CO cash management
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to administration and finance
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of financial, clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures, in-depth knowledge of office software applications relating to word processing data management presentation, ATLAS, as required
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
MANAGING DOCUMENTS, CORRESPONDENCES AND REPORTS
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Edits, formats and provides inputs to correspondence, reports, documents and/or presentations using work processing, spreadsheets and databases meeting quality standards and requiring minimal correction
- Shows sound grasp of grammar, spelling and structure in the required language
- Ensures correspondence, reports and documents comply with established UN standards
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
Planning, organizing and multi-tasking
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education diploma in business management, Accounting or Finance is the requirement
- University degree in business management, Accounting or Finance will be an asset
- 5 years of relevant accounting, financial and administrative experience at national level is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Experience in handling of web based management systems will be an asset.
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS is an asset.
- Working experience with UN System is an asset.
- Fluency in English and/or French and working knowledge of the other language.
All interested candidates are invited to apply online through the following link: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=4466