Post vacancy n° FPA/CMFt/2014-03
Finance Assistant - ‘Service Contract'
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is an international development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity. UNFPA supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to reducé poverty and to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every child is safe, every young persan is free of HIV/AIDS, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect.
Under the guidance of the UNFPA Representative, the direct supervision of the IOM, the Finance Assistant based in Yaounde ensures the effective functioning of financial opérations and systems.
Specifically, the FA will perform the following tasks:
- Sets up a management system and the classification of the financial files (e-filling)
- Vérifiés all financial documents prior to payment
- Prepares bank transfers l checks for signature
- Follows up payments with UNDP
- Performs financial statements réconciliations
- Assists the Finance Associate in the National Execution (NEX) audit process
- Executes all administrative tasks such as photocopying, maintaining proper filling, organizing the archiving, etc.
- Be a holder of HND in AccountinglFinances or équivalent
- Have at least 3 years expérience with a constant évolution in the caréér and financial responsibilities- Be familiar with the common office software (word, Excel, Internet, é-mail).
- Fluéncy in oral and writtén Frénch and/or English, with commanding proficiéncy of othér languagé.
Other requirements :
- Team working and can work diligéntly undér pressure in a multi cultural énvironmént
- Have skills to manage rélationships , communicaté and dévélop péoplé
- Have the necessary business acumén for the position
Duration : 06 months
The deadline for the applications is two weeks from the date of publication.
Completed applications (cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, P11 form, copy of diploma and reference) with
référence job titlé will be sent to:
UNFPA Cameroun Country Office
P. 0. Box 836, Rond Point Bastos, Yaounde Cameroon
P11 form, as wéll as othér important information concérning the vacancy is found on UNFPA sites
- Only shortlistéd candidates will be contacted ;
- No fées are requested
- In recruitment, UNFPA does not discriminate with respect to HIV status of candidates.
UNFPA — parce que tout le monde compte
Boîte Postale 836 - Rond-point Bastos (place Ekoudou) — Yaounde/Cameroun
Te'1 : (237) 188.8.131.52/64 - Fax: (237) 184.108.40.206