VACANCY OPPORTUNITY (REPUBLICATION)
UNICEF wishes to request applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following post:
Post Title: Driver
Level: G2 UN Classification
Type of Post: Fixed term (FT)
Duration: 1 year renewable
Deadline submission of applications: Two weeks after publication
This position reports to the Travel Assistant under th authority of Chief of Operations with responsibility for safe driving and maintenance of the Office vehicles.
KEY DUTIES AND TASKS
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivry and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities, as required.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs. Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc;
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken, in case of involvement in an accident.
- Performs other duties, as required.
QUALIFICATION and COMPETENCES
Primary education; driver's licence; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
Two year's work experience as a driver, safe driving record.
Language Proficiency: Good knowledge of the local language and knowledge of the working languages of the duty station.
i) Core Values (Required): Commitment
- Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with people
- Drive for Results
iii) Functional Competencies (Required):
- Analyzing [I]
- Planning and Organizing [I]
- Following instructions and Procedures [I]
Deadline for receiving applications at UNICEF Yaoundé and Maroua Desk Front is two weeks after publication. Applications could also be sent through mail Post (sending date would be considered) or via email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed files (CV, P11 to be collected to UNICEF Offices or Unicef website, diplomas, references, etc ...) to be addressed with post title on the envelope to th attention of:
P.O.Box 1181 Yaoundé
Only qualified and short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. UNICEF is a smoke-free environment an is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.