BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION YAOUNDE
Vacancy - Driver (07/17 YAO)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Residence and Support Staff)
Job Subcategory : Driver / Messenger
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
Drive British High Commission staff and its visitors to various destinations in Cameroon and occasionally to the neighbouring counties. Run various errands for BHC Yaounde and carry out minor administrative tasks.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Drive passengers to destinations as detailed in a safe and careful manner
- Perform the daily check of the vehicle and be responsible for security of the vehicle while in use
- Maintain high standards of physical hygiene and keep the vehicle clean at all times
- Routinely check for noticeable defects and liaise with line manager for urgent repairs
- Properly record journeys on the car log book and update the vehicle maintenance logbook
- Promptly reporting all accidents and near misses to line manager
- Meet and greet visitors in a friendly and polite manner at the airport and other pickup points and to work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Other administrative ad hoc tasks
Essential qualifications and experience
- A good knowledge of the Cameroonian terrain is required.
- Working knowledge of emergency First Aid, Map Reading and Satellite Navigation via GPS.
- Applicants must have minimum of valid Category B driver's licence. Category C or D will be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of car mechanics is essential and will be tested.
- Work experience of at least three years in a similar capacity. Diplomatic mission/international organisation experience will be an advantage
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Cross-border driving experience will be an added advantage.
- Completion of secondary school will be an advantage
- Changing and Improving, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service
Application deadline : 21 June 2017
Type of Position: Permanent
Region : Africa
Country/Territory : Cameroon
Location (City) : Yaounde
Type of Post : British High Commission
Starting monthly salary () : 258, 004 CFA
Start Date : 1 August 2017
Other benefits and conditions of employment
- Housing allowance of 60, 996 CFA
- Transport Allowance of 32, 844 CFA
- Unsociable Working Hours Allowance 20% of basic salary
All interested candidates are invited to apply online through the following link: Driver