The Programme for Sustainable Management of Natural Resources South West Region (PSMNR-SWR), co-financed by the Federal Republic of Germany, requires the services of a Communication officer. PSMNR SWR is involved in the management of protected areas, village development, mediating land-use conflicts and sustainable forest management.
Main task are
- Elaborate the PSMNR-SWR communication strategy (internal and external)
- Liaise with partners and relevant stakeholders and update them on PSMNR activities and important conservation related events
- Liaise with printers and other suppliers to produce, publish and disseminate; PSMNR news.
- Produce contents for newsletter, radio features, websites
- Contribute to the development of the websites for PSMNR-SWR and its National Parks and update them
- Elaborate communication materials and information exchange tools between PA sland communities;
- Support the elaboration of NTFP marketing materials
- Support thepromotion of eco-tourism in the National Parks
- University graduate in communication or related field. A Masters degree will be an advantage
- Excellent English and French language skills, writing, editing and oral communicatiion skills. Pidgin is an advantage
- Good knowledge of Desktop Publishing Tools
- Independent, pro-active and commitment to teamwork and collaborative work practices
- Good knowledge of development-Conservation programs
- At least 5 years working experience and not more than 40 years old
Employment shall start on 1st October 2013. The selected applicant will sign a one year renewable contract. Applications comprising a letter of motivation and CV shall sent to email : email@example.com or to PO Box 417,Bue ares idenceAmbassadeurduNigeria. or deposited at the GFA office in the building of RD MINFOF in Buea.T el. 22 2030 39/22 21 5561 Deadline for applications is 31st of August 2013.