BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION YAOUNDE
VACANCY NOTICE NO – 02/16 YAO
POSITION : FINANCE/MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
SECTION : CORPORATE SERVICE
GRADE : A1 (L)
POSITION TYPE : ONE YEAR RENEWABLE CONTRACT
A vacancy has arisen for the position of Finance/Management Assistant A1 (L) at the British High Commission in Yaounde.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
Key Competencies, skills and experience required;
- Contribute to the monitoring of how the BHC budget is being spent monthly to ensure that funds are being spent where agreed and spot any potential issues e.g. If we need additional funding. The BHC uses a bespoke monitoring system on which training (both on the job and formal) will be provided
- Contribute to the forecasting of the BHC's spending quarterly
- Ensure that cash imprests are monitored in line with the British High Commission's guidelines for handling, receipting and recording cash transactions. Similarly monitoring BHC credit card spend and reconciling receipts
- Monitor and report on BHC local accounts ensuring that all balances and transactions are made within the BHC guidelines
- Manage the BHC asset register and ensure that BHC assets are properly accounted for and valued as per BHC guidelines
- Assist with estates management tasks such as inventory and utility monitoring and providing cover for absent members of the Corporate Services Team
- IT competent and fully conversant with outlook and Microsoft office packages
- Have at least two years working experience in a finance role
- Fluent in both English and at least working knowledge of French
- Leading and Communicating- leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm, engaging with people with honesty and integrity, and upholding the reputation of the BHC
- Collaborating and Partnering- it requires working collaboratively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
- Building Capacity for All- having a strong focus on continuous learning for oneself, being open to learning and keeping one's own knowledge and skill set current and evolving.
- Delivering Value for Money- seeking out and implementing solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness for the least outlay basing decisions on evidenced information and following agreed processes and policies, challenging these appropriately where they appear to prevent good value for money.
- Previous experience with an international organisation will be an added advantage
Salary & Benefits
The position is a grade A1 (L) with salary subject to Insurance and tax as per local labour regulations. We offer a competitive package including medical benefits; performance related bonus, recreational facilities, and opportunities for job related training & development.
- The British High Commission in Yaounde is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Staff recruited locally by The British High Commission in Yaounde are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Cameroon employment law.”
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Cameroon with the correct visa/status/work permit.
- The successful candidate will be subject to reference checking and security clearances checks.
- If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Note: Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
For further details about this job and to apply please follow the link below,
No e-mail or paper-based applications will be accepted
The closing date is 13th October 2016 and no further applications will be accepted after that date.