Vacancy - Program & Operations Coordinator
EVIHDAF is a newly founded organization which provides the following services: Research, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning; Data, Analytics and Information Systems; and Social and Behavior Change Communication. Three areas are of interest: Health and Health Systems, Nutrition and Food Security, and Agriculture and Livelihood Dynamics.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated young graduate to fill the position ofProgram and Operations Coordinator.
S/he will have wideâranging responsibilities, providing programmatic, administrative, and general support to the institution. The position requires flexibility, strong organizational skills, a willingness to assume varied duties and projects, and a motivation to invest in, and bet in the growth on a young organization. It is based in based in our office in Yaoundé, Cameroon, and reports to the Executive Manager.
- Serve as the primary contact in the country and a liaison with consultants and stakeholders.
- Put in place and manage a database of consultants and experts, with support from an IT consultant.
- Support the production and coordination of communication materials for the website and the social media presence, and to partners and stakeholders.
- Copy edit and review donor deliverables and reports, work plans, and presentations.
- Assist the International Senior Advisory Board on business development activities.
- Draft award contracts (scope of work, budgets, work plans), and review sub-grant reports for compliance and completeness.
- Communicate deliverable reminders, including reports to donors and to the Executive Manager, data collection, and project status updates.
- Monitor contract compliance with donor agreements.
- Serve on task forces and attend meetings as requested.
- Perform a variety of administrative support duties such as drafting correspondences, and filing records of financial transactions.
- Lead de development of a manual of procedures, with guidance and inputs from a law firm.
- Establish and implement financial and accounting procedures in line with the organization's requirements, with support and guidance from a law firm.
- Monitor the petty cash and bank balances to ensure sufficient funds are always available depending on needs.
- Collect and file regular financial and accounting reports and budget records.
- Establish and manage all procurement and logistics activities, including, but not limited to, preparing requisitions, gathering vendor estimates for competitive bids, and following due diligence procedures.
- Maintain oversight of the cloud storage to ensure that files are secure.
- Perform other duties and special tasks as assigned to meet the evolving needs of the organization.
- Maters in Public Health, Sociology, or related fields
- Fully bilingual (English and French) with excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Listening and communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of, or exposure to at least one of the company's practice areas (health and health systems, nutrition and food security, and agriculture and livelihood dynamics), and at least of the company's service areas (Research, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning; Data, Analytics and Information Systems; and Social and Behavior Change Communication).
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail, with ability to take initiative, work independently, and prioritize work flow and deadlines on multiple assignments
- Interest in international development.
The applicant shall consist of:
- A cover letter of no more than two (2) pages in length including among others: the candidate's experience and suitability for the position; date from which s/he will be available; and names, email and phone numbers of two references.
- A CV of no more than three (3) pages in length.
N.B.: Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.