Job Advert – Head of Segment Marketing
Vodafone Cameroon invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Head of Segment Marketing based in Douala.
JOB TITLE: Head of Segment Marketing
REPORTS TO: Marketing Director
- Putting the customer in the center of all activities, this role provides leadership and strategic direction to the Vodafone Cameroon's segment marketing function and drives business decisions by providing segment plans to fulfil the overall company strategy. The role is to be the driving force behind Identifying profitable customer segments and initiate focused marketing initiatives to target them.
- Define and develop Vodafone Cameroon marketing strategy and marketing plan per defined segments (Youth, Young Professional and SOHO/SME/Corporate)
- Development and management of price plans, product roadmap and value added services, corporate solutions, roaming and interconnect agreements
- Define and drive device strategy in order to cater for the device needs per segment
- Proactively counter competitors' strategy, services, pricing activities by being the champion of implementation the marketing strategies and GTM initiatives driving the achievement of short, mid and long term goals
- Define and optimize customer segmentation and retention guidelines; review and provide inputs on marketing plans for various segments
- Develop and own marketing financial objectives and continuously monitor performance against KPIs
- Secure cross functional collaboration between the sales and marketing teams to ensure timely achievement of set targets in terms of revenues, customer acquisition, brand recall etc.
- Development of product launch schedules with the Sales and Customer Experience team and creation/ definition of products to suit target customer needs.
- P/L responsibility – % adherence to allocated budgets
- Market Share
- Gross/Net additions in subscribers
- CSAT Scores
- ESAT Scores
- Attrition rate
- % usage of L&D budgets to drive learning
Key Results Area
- Achievement of target market and revenue share of Vodafone Cameroon within the set timelines.
- Ensure that the marketing strategy contributes to overall top line growth by continuously improving customer satisfaction scores, brand perception and generating revenues from strategic initiatives
- Responsible for championing the entire Vodafone's customer lifecycle management (CLCM) philosophy across all the geographies in order to recognize and celebrate demonstrations of customer passion throughout the organization
- Lead the process for and ensure that the marketing plan and product development roadmap is in place. Updated quarterly and yearly, and aligned with Sales, Marketing, Finance and IT departments
- Drive cross functional collaboration between the sales, customer experience, corporate communication and segment marketing teams to ensure timely achievement of set targets in terms of revenues, customer acquisition, brand recall etc.
- Actively engages in adopting a forward looking outlook to identify new avenues for business growth in the marketplace penetrating the define segments
- Timely reporting on competitor actions to stakeholders in the company
- Communication of direction and vision to members of segment marketing organization.
- As a part of leadership team support and take initiatives to develop the Vodafone culture uniformly across locations and managing employee expectations.
- Networking to enable greater reach and connect for Vodafone as a community (within the larger context of the external world)
- Driving, motivating and enthusing them about the way forward. Building functional and behavioural capability within direct subordinates to empower them to take on more responsibility and drive the vision for the organization
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Graduate MBA or a like; other degree holders with supplemental commercial education (MBA or Advanced Marketing Degree) will also be considered.
- +8 years of experience in Marketing, Segment management and Product Development in Telecom (preferably)/FMCG
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar position
- Strong marketer – proven track
- Highly proficient in all MS Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Product, competition and domain knowledge
- Proven ability to work in a start up environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills- strong in presenting
- Entrepreneurial Orientation – Has a ‘can -do' attitude, is willing to take calculated risks to further business interests, and signifies enthusiasm and charisma to deliver on goals ascribed to him. Is a team player.
- Strategic Thinking and Conceptualizing – Has the ability to understand the larger picture, appreciates its impact on own area of working (and its interdependencies). Comprehends overall strategic plan and proactively seeks diverse information from various sources/ function (even through unfamiliar sources) to synthesize them to identify decision options. Is able to plan and provide direction to his function
How to apply
- Please send your CV with Motivation letter by email at email@example.com
- Please mention “Head of Segment Marketing Candidate” as subject of your email
- Deadline November, 11th 2016.
- Applications not following the guidelines above will not be considered.