Rejoignez gratuitement CampusJeunes Channel sur Telegram via le lien : https://t.me/campusjeunes
The regional delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) for Central Africa of Yaoundé is seeking for its needs a candidate for the post below:
Water and Habitat (WatHab) Engineer
The ICRC Water and Habitat Department is looking for a Water and Habitat Engineer to be based in Bamenda. The Water and Habitat Engineer will design and implement engineering projects within the scope of the ICRC's water and habitat assistance objectives with supervision and coaching from his/ her hierarchical superior. In close working relationship with external stakeholders related to the projects, the employee will also monitor on-site works, carry out needs assessments and surveys, and plan new project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out field assessments focused on technical, social, and institutional aspects;
- Analyses collected information and writes comprehensive assessment reports. Proposes independently projects to address evidence-based humanitarian needs and as per strategy;
- Develops structured concepts of intervention to address needs and writes comprehensive project proposals;
- Performs detailed calculations and prepares technical designs and documents (bill of quantities, drawings, technical specifications, etc.) for engineering projects in collaboration with relevant stakeholders;
- Prepares tender and contractual documents in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations;
- Manages contractual relations with contractors in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations;
- Supervises project implementation and ensures compliance with project documents, ICRC standards, and local building codes/standards, taking corrective action if necessary;
- Manages relationships with relevant authorities and ensures handover of projects to the beneficiary;
- Monitors and evaluates projects as per agreed monitoring strategy independently, reports challenges and proposes proactively corrective measures;
- Creates and maintains up-to-date project files in electronic databases (WPA, TeamSpace, SharePoint, etc.);
- Maintains precise financial follow-up and ensures timely financial forecasting on project level;
- Contributes to institutional reporting and prepares specific progress and project reports;
- Attends information/coordination meetings within the wider humanitarian community;
- Develops and maintains contacts with relevant interlocutors (e.g. water establishment, municipalities, etc.) and keeps interlocutors informed on ICRC activities;
- Develops and maintains a network of local contractors, suppliers, and consultants;
- Plans, organizes and supervises the implementation of ICRC emergency activities.
Certifications / Education required
- University degree in civil, structural or hydrological/hydraulic engineering, architecture or similar;
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English, good command (spoken and written) of French;
- Proficient in use of drawing software, MS project, spreadsheets, etc. if working in construction and hydraulic engineering;
- 3-5 years' professional experience in a related field of activity;
- Good knowledge of water and sanitation or construction engineering;
- Good understanding of context and humanitarian needs in Northwest and Southwest regions;
- Experience managing 1–3 technical support staff.
Start date: 1st August 2020
Position based in Bamenda with frequent travel to Northwest and Southwest regions and Buea ICRC office.
Please send your application, with a complete CV and a cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline : July 19, 2020 at 17:00
NB: The entire recruitment process at the ICRC is free of charge. Only the HR Department (email@example.com) is empowered to provide information or results on this process.