We are looking for a JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT who will ensure sound financial processes are in place, to deliver transparent accounting, accurate & timely cash flow management, timely, consistent and accurate financial reporting and analysis, maintenance of financial records and adequate internal financial controls practices/systems, assist in risk identification and mitigation in the Coastal Forest Programme (CFP) office and provision of assistance on other accounting and Administrative related functions for the Programme for the Sustainable Management of Natural Resources (PSMNR) project.
Location: Buea, Cameroon.
- Participates in the PSMNR budgeting process and ensures that operational plans are consistent with the approved budgets;
- Review PSMNR work plans/budget and keeps records of budget and budget modifications on file;
- Ensure that Cost recovery amongst projects is applied on a monthly basis based on the agreed budget/requirements with PSMNR as indicated in the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and invoices for salaries, management fees and other purchases recovered on time and accurately;
- Ensure accurate cash flow management for PSMNR project with minimal errors;
- Reviews and signs all PSMNR vouchers (cash disbursement, cash receipt, journals) for completeness, accuracy and consistency with attached supporting documents in compliance with the PSMNR procedures;
- Prepare monthly Sun System reports, scan all supporting documents and ensure timely submission of the reports to PSMNR;
- Prepare bank reconciliations for PSMNR project and conduct analysis of general ledger balance sheet accounts like staff advances, advances to partners, staff loans and inter-office transactions and ensures that correct entries are posted to zero out these accounts;
- Provide support to Programme Administrative & Finance Officer (PAFO) in ensuring that appropriate financial control processes, procedures and systems are in place and adhered to in the CFP Office;
- Assist PAFO to identify and mitigate risk in CFP Office.
What you need:
- Degree in Accounting/finance or related field and/or a professional accounting qualification is required;
- At least three (3) years of progressively professional experience in financial accounting, preferably in an international organization (NGO or Company).
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, web-based system;
- Strong analytical thinking;
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and database software;
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system updates and revisions, and policy changes;
- Ability to reconcile and/or balance financial transactions and accounts;
- Ability to assist others in solving work problem;
- Communication skills, appropriate to the audience;
- Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills;
- Working knowledge of written and spoken English and French;
- High ethics and a personal commitment to transparency and accountability;
- Adhere to WWF's values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
Applications including a cover letter and a detailed resume should be sent electronically to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 18th January 2019.
The subject should read “PSMNR-JA”.
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce!