We are looking for a LANDSCAPE ADVISOR who will contribute to the goal of the Programme for the Sustainable Management of Natural Resources in the South West Region (PSMNR-SWR). This goal comes back to the preservation of high-value ecosystems in the South-West Region, thereby contributing to improved livelihoods of the surrounding communities in a sustainable manner.
Location: Buea, Cameroon.
- Lead the consolidation and capitalization of the achievements and lessons of the collaborative PA management approach;
- Pro-actively support the design and implementation of the landscape approach and MAB process leading to the creation and managing of the Korup-Oban Transboundary Biosphere Reserve, and the set up of land-based Payment of Ecosystem Services;
- In close cooperation with the WWF CCPO Coastal Forests Programme (CFP) Executant, work with Regional authorities, conservation partners and projects in the SWR to maintain the biodiversity of the Region and contribute to poverty alleviation;
- Support the Korup-Ndongere ToU and oversee the work of the Mount Cameroon & Banyang-Mbo- Bakossi ToUs landscape officers.
What you need:
- Minimum of Bachelor degree or in one or more of following domains: forestry and wildlife, natural resource management, environment, rural geography, or any related specialization;
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the area of wildlife and protected area management or sustainable management of forest resources.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong technical skills in wildlife and protected areas management;
- Strong bio/socioeconomic monitoring skills;
- Good overview of legal and institutional framework in the area of forest and wildlife resources management in Cameroon;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work and interact with people of different backgrounds;
- Good team member and familiarity with the functioning of local and international organizations;
- Computer literate, and knowledge of data analysis and GIS;
- Fluency in English and familiarity with French;
- Adhere to WWF's values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
Applications including a cover letter and a detailed resume should be sent electronically
Deadline for applications: 18th January 2019.
The subject should read “PSMNR-LA”.
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce!